Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think the Lamar saga is more way more interesting because it's an unprecedented situation and we really have no idea how it's going to end. We all know how the Rodgers saga will end, he'll be in New York.

That's fair - depends on what's interesting to you. I'm more interested in the background of how the trade happens than I am in where everyone ends up when the QB wheel stops spinning.

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Lamar had 72.5 Rating in 4th quarters in 2022. Obviously a lot of context around that, but it's something he has to answer for.

He also had a 107 rating while trailing in 2022.

Career ratings for his career:

Trailing, > 4 mins: 118
Trailing, > 2 mins: 115

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

My point has been that it's reasonable to have questions about if he'd succeed without a top tier defense that doesn't ever really ask him to play from behind or in a scheme where they ask him to throw the ball at an even a league average rate. The team hasn't been very successful when they've had to lean on him to throw the ball and he only has like 3 300+ passing yard games in 5 years as a starter...

And yet while the defense has been top 10 for 3 out of the past 4 years, the Ravens are consistently at the bottom of the league in spending an offense and have had a poor WR corps for his whole career. 

You can't have it both ways. Yes, the Ravens defense suppresses scoring, but their front office also suppresses scoring by never having good WRs. 

It would be pretty dumb for the Ravens to have bums at WR and then ask Lamar to chuck the ball around 40x per game just to prove a point. 

The voters all colluded to name Patrick Mahomes the mvp this year. There’s no way 48 of 50 people could  actually individually come to the same conclusion  he was the mvp. Jalen hurts needs to sue 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VigilantZombie said:

The ONLY team I see as a possible landing spot for Lamar is Indy and if they draft a QB, Lamar either holds out or plays for Bmore.

He'll end up on the Ravens unless he goes crazy and decides to retire. 

Let's say Indy wants Lamar. They aren't giving him the giant guaranteed contract that nobody wants to give him. Especially with his injury history and the bad luck they have had at QB lately. They just aren't going to risk that much on someone. So they will attempt to talk him down to either less guarantee or less money. If they can't do that, he goes back to the Ravens. If they CAN do that, then they just negotiated the Ravens contract for them and they match. 

9 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The voters all colluded to name Patrick Mahomes the mvp this year. There’s no way 48 of 50 people could  actually individually come to the same conclusion  he was the mvp. Jalen hurts needs to sue 

I have a Wilson football that I found at the local park. I'll sell it to anyone on here for $5 million dollars. 

Oh **** you are all colluding against me.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, August4th said:

so will it be huntley season for the ravens, if lamar holds out?

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yep. Unless they sign a stop-gap veteran QB like Teddy Bridgewater or something.

If Lamar is not signed by the draft, the Ravens could draft a QB high (might trade up).