Buyer Beware! Who are the players you have concerns about in the draft?

brownie man

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted in our forum as well about him. 

Can someone sell me on Tyree Wilson? Dude seems to always be the last one moving on either line, it’s like he has concrete blocks for feet. His strength and length will only get him so far against NFL olines IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Just posted in our forum as well about him. 

Can someone sell me on Tyree Wilson? Dude seems to always be the last one moving on either line, it’s like he has concrete blocks for feet. His strength and length will only get him so far against NFL olines IMO. 

I also think he’s far too high on mocks. If it were the drafts of the last few years with the depth at edge, he’d be a second rounder 

• Like 1

Will Levis - about as guaranteed a bust since Hackenberg, in my opinion. Needs to double check that a receiver is in space before he throws it, or he can’t lead a WR, or he has terrible pocket awareness and footwork. Choose one.

Dawand Jones - he’s going to get knotted up by faster rushers, and his major strength won’t be so much a strength in the NFL. Can see him being both dominant but also giving up tons of sacks/pressures

Joey Porter - receivers in the NFL won’t succumb to his physicality as much, NFL QBs will keep the ball away from his GoGo gadget arms, he will get burned if the receiver starts in motion. Again, strengths won’t be as handy in the nfl

Broderick Jones - he’s ugly to watch. Very stiff laterally in pass pro, he uses his head to block quite often, he doesn’t recover if he’s been beat - like at all. Just goes “oh well, that’s it then”. He falls down a lot. So awkward to watch. He does one thing very well - gets into space and bulldozes. 

On 3/10/2023 at 6:44 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

Kelee Ringo getting a lot of hate at CB makes sense. I'm pretty much certain he's going to be playing S in the NFL. Maybe not at first...but the dude has every skill necessary to excel as a S.

I was thinking the Malcolm Jenkins route as well.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:51 AM, THE DUKE said:

Young is a very good QB prospect, and while I would take Stroud over him, I wouldn't knock anyone if their preference was different.  What I disagree with is that Young is some generational elite kind of prospect like some on here want to make him out to be.  Put him in that class with Burrow, Tua, and Herbert, and Young is QB4.  He's a damn good QB prospect, he is not an elite one.

Was Herbert even considered an elite prospect? I remember he was like the most hated guy on this forum during the process 

On 3/25/2023 at 8:06 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Will Levis - about as guaranteed a bust since Hackenberg, in my opinion. Needs to double check that a receiver is in space before he throws it, or he can’t lead a WR, or he has terrible pocket awareness and footwork. Choose one.

Dawand Jones - he’s going to get knotted up by faster rushers, and his major strength won’t be so much a strength in the NFL. Can see him being both dominant but also giving up tons of sacks/pressures

Joey Porter - receivers in the NFL won’t succumb to his physicality as much, NFL QBs will keep the ball away from his GoGo gadget arms, he will get burned if the receiver starts in motion. Again, strengths won’t be as handy in the nfl

Broderick Jones - he’s ugly to watch. Very stiff laterally in pass pro, he uses his head to block quite often, he doesn’t recover if he’s been beat - like at all. Just goes “oh well, that’s it then”. He falls down a lot. So awkward to watch. He does one thing very well - gets into space and bulldozes. 

I'm a cheerleader for Dawand Jones. He didn't allow a sack in 2022 and only allowed pressure at half the rate Paris Johnson did. He'll be fine in the NFL.