Which QB Does Carolina Pick at 1? Poll

brownie man

Who does Carolina pick at 1   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB Goes 1?

I think it’s going to be Stroud

I have Young rated higher, but I don’t think you can make a trade like this for a QB that small. I think you’ve got to go from superb take in Young to great tape in Stroud and also get great size too. 

I don’t think it’s Richardson but we’ll see. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

LOL

ESPN is a complete meme. Their story about the trade gushes over Young and Levis as potentially #1 overall picks with mention of Richardson’s attributes and potential with almost zero mention of Stroud. Almost like they have a monopolistic approach to their relationship with the SEC. They’ve become a complete meme. Such a hack journalism company now.

• Like 1

CJ Stroud unless Bryce Young totally rips it up at his pro day.  I do think Bryce is the better leader, better creator outside the pocket, and has a better mind for the game.

Outside chance I could see them gambling on Anthony Richardson but that would be a risk and a half and put probably too much pressure on him and hurt his development potentially.  

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think it’s going to be Stroud

I have Young rated higher, but I don’t think you can make a trade like this for a QB that small. I think you’ve got to go from superb take in Young to great tape in Stroud and also get great size too. 

I don’t think it’s Richardson but we’ll see. 

I don’t disagree, but don’t you think it’s crazy to say Young is the best QB but he’s not worth trading up for? 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

ESPN is a complete meme. Their story about the trade gushes over Young and Levis as potentially #1 overall picks with mention of Richardson’s attributes and potential with almost zero mention of Stroud. Almost like they have a monopolistic approach to their relationship with the SEC. They’ve become a complete meme. Such a hack journalism company now.

Ironically they weren’t memes when their whole show was a meme.  

“Booyah”

”Rumblin’ Stumblin”

“Cooler than the other side of the pillow”

“Top Ten Plays of the Week”

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

CJ Stroud unless Bryce Young totally rips it up at his pro day.  I do think Bryce is the better leader, better creator outside the pocket, and has a better mind for the game.

Outside chance I could see them gambling on Anthony Richardson but that would be a risk and a half and put probably too much pressure on him and hurt his development potentially.  

Everything I've seen and heard on Stroud has said he's an amazing leader and crushed the interviews in terms of his knowledge of the game.

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Everything I've seen and heard on Stroud has said he's an amazing leader and crushed the interviews in terms of his knowledge of the game.

I am sure he is all of those things, just Bryce Young mentally I think prepares more and leads better from what I have seen.  Just on how he handled those interviews in the big losses by Bama this past year, dude is freaking standout mentally.  CJ Stroud has a better deep ball and is a more pure passer no question.  Bryce Young though apparently prepares like a pro and did so from the get go at Bama, he was said to be just as prepared or more prepared than even some of the offensive coaches. 

And like I said during the year the talented both had to work with is not even comparable.  Bryce did a hell of a lot with a pretty suspect supporting cast on offense.  Multiple 1st round picks at WR for CJ Stroud in Jaxon and soon to be Harrison Jr, Henderson is probably a 1st round pick at RB and both tackles Jones and Paris Johnson will be 1st round picks there as well.  This past year Bryce Young played with zero OL who will be 1st round picks most likely, also played with zero WRs who will be 1st round picks and maybe Gibbs will be a 1st rounder but even that I am not totally sure about....

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I am sure he is all of those things, just Bryce Young mentally I think prepares more and leads better from what I have seen.  Just on how he handled those interviews in the big losses by Bama this past year, dude is freaking standout mentally.  CJ Stroud has a better deep ball and is a more pure passer no question.  Bryce Young though apparently prepares like a pro and did so from the get go at Bama, he was said to be just as prepared or more prepared than even some of the offensive coaches. 

And like I said during the year the talented both had to work with is not even comparable.  Bryce did a hell of a lot with a pretty suspect supporting cast on offense.  Multiple 1st round picks at WR for CJ Stroud in Jaxon and soon to be Harrison Jr, Henderson is probably a 1st round pick at RB and both tackles Jones and Paris Johnson will be 1st round picks there as well.  This past year Bryce Young played with zero OL who will be 1st round picks most likely, also played with zero WRs who will be 1st round picks and maybe Gibbs will be a 1st rounder but even that I am not totally sure about....

So I get the point in the first paragraph, but I've heard similar things in terms of Stroud's leadership and preparation.  IIRC, he set all the protections at the LOS.  I think he's right there with Bryce who is as good as you say.

Stroud definitely had more big name guys, but its not like Bryce was playing with scrubs at Wyoming.  Its still Bama.

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

So I get the point in the first paragraph, but I've heard similar things in terms of Stroud's leadership and preparation.  IIRC, he set all the protections at the LOS.  I think he's right there with Bryce who is as good as you say.

Stroud definitely had more big name guys, but its not like Bryce was playing with scrubs at Wyoming.  Its still Bama.

Sure they were not scrubs but CJ Stroud had 5 potential 1st round picks on that offensive roster, maybe 6.  Bryce had zero this past year, maybe one but even that is a little stretch.  So no wonder why the year previous when he at least he Evan Neal blocking and Jameson Williams/Metchie at WR, he was far better in terms of production!

It is not a dig on Stroud's leadership or prep, it the fact that Bryce Young is that good at it and mentally is about as elite as you can get in terms of a QB prospect.   Leadership on the off the field, preparation and studying, Bryce Young is a A+.