The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

My guess is it’s an easier transition from 3B. He might end up in RF, but I think it’ll be easier for him to pick it up mid season.

Yea definitely makes sense. I don’t think there’s a guarantee that TON is in the future plans anyway. Team is going to look really different next year without Yadi, Albert, Waino, and Arenado possibly opting out.

24 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Keep up loving the mediocrity. Arenado has already made comments about he didn’t come here to go to the WC but clearly you know.

He also said;

“there’s some things we need… a few pieces here and there go a long way”

Nothing about demanding we go add the biggest bat on the market.

And misconstrue his quote about winning a division all you want as some ultimatum about his opt-out, but what he actually said was 

“Idon’t want to win the wild card anymore. Obviously, you get to the playoffs it’s great… But you want to win the division. It’s important to win the division. I’ve never won it. I would like to be a part of that”

Again, please point out where he sounds unhappy here? And the division is very much within our grasps, especially after a very good trade deadline. 

And yes, it was very good. If we were never linked to Soto, or he wasn’t moved, and you all weren’t blinded by one superstar we didn’t get after getting plenty of others over the years, and you were honest about what we did, you would admit it was a productive trade deadline for the Cardinals. 

As great as Soto would have been, we actually addressed our real issues with this team. We added 2 legitimate starters to the rotation (instead of hoping Jack or Matz can come back healthy like most of you mockingly claimed as what would happen) which also strengthens our BP because it pushes either Pallante or Hudson in there, makes sure that Hicks is a weapon in the pen and not messing around as an opener anymore. Not to mention also actually adding Stratton to the Pen.

And I know none of you want to hear this right now, but we still have all our top prospects to either contribute to this team, or make a move for a different Major Leaguer for next year. 

But go ahead, be butt-hurt because you didn’t get the grand prize this time, keep showing your *** like the spoiled little fanboys you are proving to be.

Mediocrity?? Seriously? None of you have seen real mediocrity out of this franchise in two decades. 

• Like 1

I went to the game tonight.  I booed the heck out of Frank Schwindel.  Goldschmidt jacked another one off.  And I almost got to hear Giovanni Gallegos' awesome music, but they left Wainwright in to finish the 7th.  Nootbaar was boss.  We let a family use our spots to meet Ozzie Smith before the game, made their night for sure.  It was a good night!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

My guess is it’s an easier transition from 3B. He might end up in RF, but I think it’ll be easier for him to pick it up mid season.

I thought the same. Same side of the field maybe helps the transition.