Josh Oliver Signs 3 Year Deal With Vikings

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, they actually need a TE that doesn't just catch passes.  He's going to be more mobile than a guard on those screen passes that they decide to run. 

Seven million a year on a cap strapped team with no experienced CBs, and one linebacker.... Seems like a weird use of cap space. Not a fan at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Seven million a year on a cap strapped team with no experienced CBs, and one linebacker.... Seems like a weird use of cap space. Not a fan at all. 

It depends on the structure.  It could be a backloaded deal. 

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Do you like paying that much for a blocking TE? Given the number of holes and draft picks and the lack of cap space?

doesn't cost me a thing, lol.

but more to my point, i'll wait to see how the whole roster is constructed to see what the whole effect is.

• Like 2

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Do you like paying that much for a blocking TE? Given the number of holes and draft picks and the lack of cap space?

They can still free up a lot of cash. This is one move. I don't love the deal, but I don't hate it. Certainly not something that I'm going to be up in arms about.

• Like 2