Josh Oliver Signs 3 Year Deal With Vikings

gopherwrestler

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Hilarious the comments here without knowing the full structure of the deal and the full picture of the off-season plan 

Only 10.75 million guaranteed over 3 years seems insignificant. We have no idea what his cap hit this year is. Irv is gone and we have unproven guys/a journeyman behind TJ. Josh is young, a great blocker and KO/KAM see enough upside to sign him. Hard to get targets in Baltimore with Andrew’s.

However, he is a backup tight end. A backup tight end who doesn't catch passes. We could have probably gotten one of those anywhere. As of right now, this is a complete head scratcher to me, good blocker or not. This does NOT seem like a good use of resources right now.

Edited by AP_allday2869

Just now, AP_allday2869 said:

However, he is a backup tight end. A backup tight end who doesn't catch passes. We could have probably gotten one of those anywhere. 

Not one that's as good of a blocker, for sure. We don't know how much of a pass catching option he is given who he's played behind. 

I also think this means something will happen with Ham's contract.

I don't know much about him but based on what Arif and couple of other nerds tweets, this seems to be a decent deal. Arif isn't a homer who sugercoats things....he usually has criticized lot of Vikings signings/trades over last couple of years..so good to see that he likes this deal

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

You are right. Whenever you sign a tight end as your first free agent, you are done for the rest of the off-season. It is law.

How does this help encourage people to post their thoughts? This is a great example of what I posted, and someone highlighted as not true.

• Like 1

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

I bet an OG that played over 50% of his teams snaps at TE could catch 14 passes in a year. 

This is so silly. You don't actually believe this.

Signing a player that did his job BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE is a bad thing because a cheap player that doesn't even play the position could somehow do it better?

• Like 3

Dont hate it, dont love it. If he helps the running game which it looks like he will i wont have that much of a problem with it.

Also hard to knock him on his stats last year on Baltimore. Id guess they threw the ball the least out of any team in the league and he was behind one of the best TEs in the league and a promising rookie.

• Like 2