Giants Starting Geno Smith

BroncoSojia

55 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Also - it isn’t like Eli has played that poorly. He just has nothing to throw to and is playing behind a disastrous offensive line.

Eli’s weapons are a solid slot WR, a guy they signed off the streets in October, two UDFAs, and a TE whose best season was 200 yards. That’s far more why Eli is struggling than his personal failures.

And Evan Engram.  Or was that who you meant with the solid slot WR?

44 minutes ago, kramxel said:

And, btw good job on Eli taking the high road on this one, and forfeiting the streak, while also leaving somewhat disguised comment on how he feels about the situation (when he mentions the best "they" can).

Since being traded to New York, Eli really has been the perfect face of a franchise. He’s handled every single situation with grace and decorum. Under the intense microscope that is the New York media; he never faltered or even appeared to maybe be irritated with the pressure placed on him. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Since being traded to New York, Eli really has been the perfect face of a franchise. He’s handled every single situation with grace and decorum. Under the intense microscope that is the New York media; he never faltered or even appeared to maybe be irritated with the pressure placed on him. 

He did have that whole equipment thing like a year ago 

Just now, showtime said:

Either promote Davis Webb as the starter or continue playing Eli Manning.  Those should be the only options.  

They probably want to protect Webb. Don't want New York fans bashing him out of the gate because they dropped Eli for him and have all his mistakes amplified. Let Geno take the heat. 

Eli's done in New York. If you continue to play him you are only doing it for sentimental reasons at this point. 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

They probably want to protect Webb. Don't want New York fans bashing him out of the gate because they dropped Eli for him and have all his mistakes amplified. Let Geno take the heat. 

Eli's done in New York. If you continue to play him you are only doing it for sentimental reasons at this point. 

I think Giants fans could at least understand Davis Webb starting.  I think part of the reason people are upset and outraged right now is because Geno Smith is the starter.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think Giants fans could at least understand Davis Webb starting.  I think part of the reason people are upset and outraged right now is because Geno Smith is the starter.

I think you underestimate the New York media market. Right now Eli is the god who could do no wrong that is being punished by the Satan McAdoo to start the devourer of franchises Geno Smith. 

Keep Webb the hell away from that ****. If a small market like GB can have fans pissing on Rodgers his first year, NY sure as hell isnt going to go easy on Webb. Let Geno deal with all that. He's used to it and expendable. 

19 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I think you underestimate the New York media market. Right now Eli is the god who could do no wrong that is being punished by the Satan McAdoo to start the devourer of franchises Geno Smith. 

Keep Webb the hell away from that ****. If a small market like GB can have fans pissing on Rodgers his first year, NY sure as hell isnt going to go easy on Webb. Let Geno deal with all that. He's used to it and expendable. 

The fans shouldn't go easy on Webb.  It's New York.  Respect is earned.  If Webb is a good player, he will eventually earn the respect in the future.  Most people, even Giants fans, are aware that Eli Manning is playing really poorly right now.  To replace him for a rookie to see what you have if more understandable than putting in someone who is a proven terrible player - Geno Smith.

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

Also - it isn’t like Eli has played that poorly. He just has nothing to throw to and is playing behind a disastrous offensive line.

Eli’s weapons are a solid slot WR, a guy they signed off the streets in October, two UDFAs, and a TE whose best season was 200 yards. That’s far more why Eli is struggling than his personal failures.

Exactly. Saying Eli has played bad is a complete disregard for trash around him. 

The last time Romo had a good season Eli had two good years since then. Saying Romo would fetch more on a trade market is very funny.

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

And Evan Engram.  Or was that who you meant with the solid slot WR?

I think he is referring to Shepard and he's barely played this year. Which just shows. I'd love too see some of these highly touted QBs play behind one of the most unreliable o-lines and a team missing it's top 4 WRs. Yeah I guess Eli should've overcome that..,

10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

And what weapons does he have now? 

Not many, but Geno has a good enough line and contrary to popular belief, the Giants receivers do get open. Eli just throws behind them or misses completely. 

Eli went 0-5 with Odell Beckham and Brandon Marshall. He misses screen passes regularly like Brock Osweiler.

Geno's ability will be revealed on the field and if he out erforms Eli, McAdoo and the numbers supporting Geno's ability will be proven right. 

Eli fans can then ask themselves how Geno Smith is able to do what Eli Manning could not. And the answer will be obvious.

9 minutes ago, celestial said:

Not many, but Geno has a good enough line and contrary to popular belief, the Giants receivers do get open. Eli just throws behind them or misses completely. 

Eli went 0-5 with Odell Beckham and Brandon Marshall. He misses screen passes regularly like Brock Osweiler.

Geno's ability will be revealed on the field and if he out erforms Eli, McAdoo and the numbers supporting Geno's ability will be proven right. 

Eli fans can then ask themselves how Geno Smith is able to do what Eli Manning could not. And the answer will be obvious.

OK. 

18 minutes ago, celestial said:

a3af3792ea00eaf83e202541f4c31a22.jpg

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

a3af3792ea00eaf83e202541f4c31a22.jpg

I'm 100% serious. I've watched Giants' games for years. Eli is not good anymore and has not been good for years. There's a reason his coach, his GM and everyone else agree on it. If you think Eli missing screen passes and seriously injuring Odell Beckham twice with slant overthrows means is above replacement level play, ]we have nothing more to discuss. The ball don't lie. If McAdoo is wrong, Eli's absence will be missed on the offense. The Giants will go from having a bottom 3 scoring offense to scoring 0 points.

Do you think Geno Smith will average better than the bottom 3 offense Eli was leading? 

Archived