Aaron Rodgers intends to play for the Jets

RaidersAreOne

Maybe this is controversial, but the Packers are in better hands with Love because Rodgers is cooked. The Packers almost "ran the table", but it wasn't because of him. He ended the season incredibly mediocre. I don't think this is going to work out for the Jets the way they think it will.

• Like 2

Just now, minutemancl said:

Maybe this is controversial, but the Packers are in better hands with Love because Rodgers is cooked. The Packers almost "ran the table", but it wasn't because of him. He ended the season incredibly mediocre. I don't think this is going to work out for the Jets the way they think it will.

I think they are going to miss him enormously on the field.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I agree, but I also don't think the Packers will have a repeat of the last time this scenario unfolded either. 

At this point, if this is the decision, I don't think the Packers are holding up the trade to hold it up. I think his contract leaves a lot to work out. Compensation probably isn't eye to eye either, but I'm guessing the contract is the worst of it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I disagree. The Jets could just draft a QB. The chances GB is willing to keep Rodgers, regardless of the cap costs, is slim to none. There isnt a single other team interested in trading for Rodgrts according to reports. That in itself kills the leverage GB thinks they have. 

You know as well as I do that if the Jets go into the draft with Zach Wilson as their projected starter and then draft another QB (and at this point, at #13 you can count on the likes of Levis and Richardson being gone, so we're talking either Hooker or McKee - realistically only listed because he has starter's traits but needs genuine further development - at this point), the fans on New York sports talk radio and TV will be eating Jets management ALIVE for not having gotten Rodgers over the line and into camp.

And, let's be real, Aaron Rodgers ego is too big to sit out a season because he didn't get his way.  I'm not saying I think Green Bay is in a position to get market value for Rodgers - because there really isn't a relevant litmus test for what constitutes "market value" given his age and remaining contract), but painting the Jets as being in pole position to get a Randy-Moss-to-the-Pats kind of sweet deal is disingenuous to say the least.