Aaron Rodgers intends to play for the Jets

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Maybe this is controversial, but the Packers are in better hands with Love because Rodgers is cooked. The Packers almost "ran the table", but it wasn't because of him. He ended the season incredibly mediocre. I don't think this is going to work out for the Jets the way they think it will.

I think "cooked" is pushing it. They had issues on the OL, a super young WR core, and he was dealing with a thumb injury for most of last year and still had a top 10 season in terms of production. Dude is a year removed from winning back to back MVPs.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

You know as well as I do that if the Jets go into the draft with Zach Wilson as their projected starter and then draft another QB (and at this point, at #13 you can count on the likes of Levis and Richardson being gone, so we're talking either Hooker or McKee - realistically only listed because he has starter's traits but needs genuine further development - at this point), the fans on New York sports talk radio and TV will be eating Jets management ALIVE for not having gotten Rodgers over the line and into camp.

And, let's be real, Aaron Rodgers ego is too big to sit out a season because he didn't get his way.  I'm not saying I think Green Bay is in a position to get market value for Rodgers - because there really isn't a relevant litmus test for what constitutes "market value" given his age and remaining contract), but painting the Jets as being in pole position to get a Randy-Moss-to-the-Pats kind of sweet deal is disingenuous to say the least.

The same NY media that will be roasting the Jets after hearing all this pre-trade drama?

This is why the media isn't the GM, you don't let public opinion build your team.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Agreed, the Jets could easily grab a QB in the draft if GB is too stubborn to work out a deal with no leverage. This would likely either lead to Rodgers creating a circus so large it becomes a major distraction to the team, or they are forced to released him with no compensation in return. Especially with the reports that Love would request a trade if he doesn't play this year. There is just no good angle for the Packers to dig their heels in on the Rodgers situation.

Except they do. They've already not been able to have a clear vision within free agency because the Rodgers deal is holding them up...that certainly affects next year especially if they do get him (because they would have a short window to win). This is also likely the last big move that Joe Douglas makes which will be either boom or bust. Future picks don't matter in a splash like this because you either win or don't. You think if he alternatively chooses to draft and develop, he will see the end of that development? I don't especially with recent Jets history. Point being there's more leverage here than you think. Whether that results in a first or not remains to be seen.

11 minutes ago, D82 said:

It won't be on the field. 

Maybe he'll slip laxatives into his Gatorade or something. 

I’d say Rodgers should be looking out for his mom but we all know he hasn’t seen her in years 

5 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

You know as well as I do that if the Jets go into the draft with Zach Wilson as their projected starter and then draft another QB (and at this point, at #13 you can count on the likes of Levis and Richardson being gone, so we're talking either Hooker or McKee - realistically only listed because he has starter's traits but needs genuine further development - at this point), the fans on New York sports talk radio and TV will be eating Jets management ALIVE for not having gotten Rodgers over the line and into camp.

And, let's be real, Aaron Rodgers ego is too big to sit out a season because he didn't get his way.  I'm not saying I think Green Bay is in a position to get market value for Rodgers - because there really isn't a relevant litmus test for what constitutes "market value" given his age and remaining contract), but painting the Jets as being in pole position to get a Randy-Moss-to-the-Pats kind of sweet deal is disingenuous to say the least.

This guy gets it. Another factor is the Packers are on the hook for the contract whether he is traded, sits, or retires so unlike a lot of trades that are floating large cap relief till they are completed the cap hit or relief isn't really that big of a deal for the Packers. IMO the Jets need Rodgers more than the Packers need an extra 3rd round pick all things staying the same. The value has to be there for Gute and he is not going to get raked over the coals just because there isn't another trade partner. The Packers are not going to be distracted by Aarons ongoing drama they have been dealing with it for a couple years now and outside of Bahk most of Rodgers old guard is now gone. The internal drama that may have happened two or three years ago with all of Rodgers buddies on the roster probably isn't the same reaction as of 2023. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Except they do. They've already not been able to have a clear vision within free agency because the Rodgers deal is holding them up...that certainly affects next year especially if they do get him (because they would have a short window to win). This is also likely the last big move that Joe Douglas makes which will be either boom or bust. Future picks don't matter in a splash like this because you either win or don't. You think if he alternatively chooses to draft and develop, he will see the end of that development? I don't especially with recent Jets history. Point being there's more leverage here than you think. Whether that results in a first or not remains to be seen.

Agree to disagree I suppose. It certainly didn’t prevent them from making a splash WR signing. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think "cooked" is pushing it. They had issues on the OL, a super young WR core, and he was dealing with a thumb injury for most of last year and still had a top 10 season in terms of production. Dude is a year removed from winning back to back MVPs.

Reminds me when people thought Brady was “cooked” lmao