Bengals T Jonah Williams requests trade

RaidersAreOne

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m going to assume he’s a post June 1st cut in a few days. He doesn’t want to be there and nobody would really look to trade anything of value (and this ain’t Semi Pro so you’re not trading him for a working washing machine) so he’ll be on the open market soon, I’d guess.

You don't know the Bengals front office.  They won't cut him without a better option wrapped up first.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I’m going to assume he’s a post June 1st cut in a few days. He doesn’t want to be there and nobody would really look to trade anything of value (and this ain’t Semi Pro so you’re not trading him for a working washing machine) so he’ll be on the open market soon, I’d guess.

He's on his 5th year first round pick option year so the salary is fully guaranteed. The Bengals get no cap relief from cutting him so he's likely to be traded if they can find someone to take on his salary. The draft pick compensation is secondary to the cap relief. 

If we got the Bears 3rd rounder for him, that would be amazing but I'd take less to get the deal done. They could use the 12 mil in cap space as part of a Higgins extension for instance. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sparky151 said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He's on his 5th year first round pick option year so the salary is fully guaranteed. The Bengals get no cap relief from cutting him so he's likely to be traded if they can find someone to take on his salary. The draft pick compensation is secondary to the cap relief. 

Ah, this makes total sense. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If we got the Bears 3rd rounder for him, that would be amazing but I'd take less to get the deal done. They could use the 12 mil in cap space as part of a Higgins extension for instance. 

Bears 4th rounder probably gets it done since it'd be at the top of the 4th.

• Like 1

There's a good chance Collins starts the season on PUP. He tore his ACL on Christmas eve. But Williams knows LTs make more than RTs so he doesn't want to move and have to learn new techniques and habits. He'd rather play LT for a new team. 

As a Bengals fan, I understand and don't hold it against him. We just need to find a trade partner, and should let his agent shop him around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

There's a good chance Collins starts the season on PUP. He tore his ACL on Christmas eve. But Williams knows LTs make more than RTs so he doesn't want to move and have to learn new techniques and habits. He'd rather play LT for a new team. 

As a Bengals fan, I understand and don't hold it against him. We just need to find a trade partner, and should let his agent shop him around.

Do LT make more than RT?
Mike McGlinchey just got 5y/87mil, and Juwaan Taylor got 4y/80mil, both were RTs. The guy that just took Jonah's job was the top LT and got like 4y/62 or something like that lol.

• Like 2