Texans extend LT Laremy Tunsil (3/$75mm, $60mm gtd)

ET80

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Get that bag, Tunsil.

I remember reading a when Roquan stuff was going down this Saint Omni person wasn't approved by NFLPA and wasn't allowed to work on trades or contracts... how is he the one breaking the contract news? Is he like a shadow agent working with these "I represent myself" players? Whats the deal here? Are the Ravens and Texans going to get a wrist slap for negotiating outside of NFLPA standards?

edit: second tweet he apparently is represented by someone else

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I remember reading a when Roquan stuff was going down this Saint Omni person wasn't approved by NFLPA and wasn't allowed to work on trades or contracts... how is he the one breaking the contract news? Is he like a shadow agent working with these "I represent myself" players? Whats the deal here? Are the Ravens and Texans going to get a wrist slap for negotiating outside of NFLPA standards?

Possibly, it appears Omni is akin to Gob Bluth and the magic society.... 

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/everything-you-need-to-know-about-saint-omni-and-the-roquan-smith-situation/

Considering Saint Omni isn’t an NFLPA certified agent, any contact about a potential trade with an NFL team would be considered tampering.

Here’s the statement from the NFL, via ESPN:

“Mr. Omni is prohibited from negotiating Player Contracts or discussing potential trades on behalf of any NFL player or prospective player or assisting in or advising with respect to such negotiations.”

In a memo to teams, the NFL threatened disciplinary action for tampering violations and reminded teams about the rules involving trade talks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

Possibly, it appears Omni is akin to Gob Bluth and the magic society.... 

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/everything-you-need-to-know-about-saint-omni-and-the-roquan-smith-situation/

Considering Saint Omni isn’t an NFLPA certified agent, any contact about a potential trade with an NFL team would be considered tampering.

Here’s the statement from the NFL, via ESPN:

“Mr. Omni is prohibited from negotiating Player Contracts or discussing potential trades on behalf of any NFL player or prospective player or assisting in or advising with respect to such negotiations.”

In a memo to teams, the NFL threatened disciplinary action for tampering violations and reminded teams about the rules involving trade talks.

I never knew any of this until now, wow.

33 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:
3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wait… he does!? How!?

Probably not.  But it would have been huge news

I’m convinced the person who has it went and bought a Sports Almanac from the future, a la Biff Tannen.

• Like 1