Lions sign DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

chiefs82

23 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

Similar to what happened with the Saints. We offered him a multi-year deal to be our nickel and he declined. Caused a riff between him and the team that eventually led to us trading him to Philadelphia.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions have #6, #18, #48, #55 and #81 in first two days. Tbh, hard to gauge what Brad Holmes is thinking, but he's moved around in both drafts so far as Lions GM. I think anything is possible. 

The ball is certainly in your court now. Which brings me to my next point: I hate all of you and I hate that your fanbase has recently become literate because now my misery when we lose to you will be worsened by having to see the roasts online 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

The ball is certainly in your court now. Which brings me to my next point: I hate all of you and I hate that your fanbase has recently become literate because now my misery when we lose to you will be worsened by having to see the roasts online 

Fast And Furious Letty Ortiz GIF by The Fast Saga

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Lions need to knock it off.

I wonder if their focus in free agency on secondary will refocus their first round picks elsewhere. DL, LB, and CB were their biggest holes. Carter could slip, but Detroit historically hasn’t avoided character concerns I believe. I still think CB would be their best move at 6, then edge at 18, or vice versa depending on which DL is still available at 6. They’re a totally intimidating team at this point 

I think the only CB we have under contract for 2024 is Sutton.  Unless we pick up Okudah’s fifth year but doubt that.  So CB still makes a ton of sense to me still if they like one of them at 6.  I think we will still take a CB somewhere in the first three rounds if not at 6. 

I think the big thing is we are leaving our options open.  We can draft BPA throughout the draft and take what the board gives us.  It also may lean to an unexpected pick like Richardson at 6.  But I hope not.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think the only CB we have under contract for 2024 is Sutton.  Unless we pick up Okudah’s fifth year but doubt that.  So CB still makes a ton of sense to me still if they like one of them at 6.  I think we will still take a CB somewhere in the first three rounds if not at 6. 

I think the big thing is we are leaving our options open.  We can draft BPA throughout the draft and take what the board gives us.  It also may lean to an unexpected pick like Richardson at 6.  But I hope not.  

If anyones gonna take Richardson early, Detroit makes sense. Being able to bench him a few years so he can learn is probably best for his development and Detroit can afford that with Goff still in his “prime”