Who will be picking first overall in 2024?

notthatbluestuff

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

At this rate, the Raiders. 

Our defense is really really gross. Like, historically bad potential. Our coaching is, overall, suspect, and our offense is a huge ?. 2023 is shaping up to be a tank-worthy year for Las Vegas.

How is the offense a huge question mark?

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

If Chicago is picking first again next season, do they move on from Fields? 

Yes, I'm like 98% sure. There are enough pieces now that the expectation shouldn't be them picking in the top 3-5. If they are picking #1, I'm assuming a lot of that hangs on the shoulders of Fields. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:
6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Yes, I'm like 98% sure. There are enough pieces now that the expectation shouldn't be them picking in the top 3-5. If they are picking #1, I'm assuming a lot of that hangs on the shoulders of Fields. 

100% they’ll move on unless it’s some unbelievably weird situation where he looks unbelievable for like 6 games and has a freak season ending injury that isn’t serious long term.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

100% they’ll move on unless it’s some unbelievably weird situation where he looks unbelievable for like 6 games and has a freak season ending injury that isn’t serious long term.

Agreed. Has to be a weird situation that plays out which isn't likely, but isn't impossible. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Agreed. Has to be a weird situation that plays out which isn't likely, but isn't impossible. 

Even then, if Caleb Williams has another year like he did and checks those boxes, they maybe entertain a trade of Fields to reset the rookie contract number. No idea just verbally processing.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If the Ravens trade away Lamar I can see us picking in the top 3 for sure. This offense with a new OC and no QB could be a complete disaster.

I dunno... Losing Lamar but losing Roman is a pretty even trade off 

10 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Depends.  Is it the Panthers' pick that has them drafting first overall? If so then it will solely depend on how Fields does.  If it is the Bears' pick them the only way the Bears wouldn't is if it is a Mahomes at Texas Tech kind of deal.  

But with Poles not being the guy who drafted Fields I'd wager so. I'm a firm believer that you don't give big money to a non-top 10 QB too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

If it is Chicago's own pick  then, yes, most certainly, Caleb is coming.

It is far more likely to be Carolina's pick  the Bears would be using at #1,  though.  (I would take Caleb Williams anyway, but it's no longer crystal clear--especially if Justin has played rather well.)

1 minute ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

If it is Chicago's own pick  then, yes, most certainly, Caleb is coming.

It is far more likely to be Carolina's pick  the Bears would be using at #1,  though.  (I would take Caleb Williams anyway, but it's no longer crystal clear--especially if Justin has played rather well.)

I don’t know. I like Carolina’s offense better if they draft Stroud. Carolina also has some good young defensive pieces. I think they are further along in the rebuild than Chicago. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I don’t know. I like Carolina’s offense better if they draft Stroud. Carolina also has some good young defensive pieces. I think they are further along in the rebuild than Chicago. 

Really? I think Chicago's pass catchers are significantly better.