Who will be picking first overall in 2024?

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Vegas, LA Rams, Denver, Atlanta, Indy.. lookin' at all of yous

As we saw in 2022, to win the first pick a franchise has to be horrendous on offense and  defense.  Ambidextrously awful.

The Ram passing attack, the Atlanta and Raider ground games, and the Denver defense should win them 4+ games even if the rest of the team pukes the field green. 

Indy?  Ask again after Draft Day.  They could end up being insufficiently inept on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

Probably cleveland they lost a tremendous amount of depth in free agency.

Lamar passer Rating in November in December could mean 8 straight losses.

So Houston Texans could have 1st overall.

Cleveland also is plays the nfc west there is a 90 percent probability they go 0 wins 4 losses 

Its Friday GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Who takes on that contract/what are they getting for him?

just depends on how you feel about Kyler. The contract isn't onerous or anything in terms of market rate qb salaries. 

Basically  39, 32.5, 42, 36, 37, I think. So about 37 per year. That's Derek Carr money at this point, less than Daniel Jones. Will be closer to league average second QB contract when Burrow, Jackson, Herbert get paid. Trevor Lawrence will probably have a new deal pretty close to a Kyler trade as well, so that would put Kyler like right at 15. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Vegas, LA Rams, Denver, Atlanta, Indy.. lookin' at all of yous

Rams are a darkhorse, but i think it depends on if Stafford gets hurt. Otherwise I think Stafford / Kupp / McVay win too many games on their own 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

just depends on how you feel about Kyler. The contract isn't onerous or anything in terms of market rate qb salaries. 

Basically  39, 32.5, 42, 36, 37, I think. So about 37 per year. That's Derek Carr money at this point, less than Daniel Jones. Will be closer to league average second QB contract when Burrow, Jackson, Herbert get paid. Trevor Lawrence will probably have a new deal pretty close to a Kyler trade as well, so that would put Kyler like right at 15. 

What team with a good quarterback who is relatively healthy ever picks 1 overall though? That’s more or less my point.

Just now, MWil23 said:

What team with a good quarterback who is relatively healthy ever picks 1 overall though? That’s more or less my point.

I think that they are assuming that Kyler misses most of next year which is how the Cardinals end up with pick number one. 

If Kyler is healthy and starts from week 1, I don't think that Arizona would end up with pick one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Tennessee.

I feel like Vrabel is too good of a coach to lose 14-15 games

Eh, he got halfway there during the 2nd half of last season. 0-7 to end the year? That’s usually a sign that a bottom is falling out.

I’m assuming Derrick Henry will be a draft day trade and Ryan Tannehill will have another injury that’ll give us more of the Malik Willis experience - there’s no Josh Dobbs to save them this time (somewhere, VanS is crying into his Teen Beat magazine).

• Like 2

Just now, ET80 said:

Eh, he got halfway there during the 2nd half of last season. 0-7 to end the year? That’s usually a sign that a bottom is falling out.

I’m assuming Derrick Henry will be a draft day trade and Ryan Tannehill will have another injury that’ll give us more of the Malik Willis experience - there’s no Josh Dobbs to save them this time (somewhere, VanS is crying into his Teen Beat magazine).

oh I didnt realize Dobbs was gone too. Guess Cleveland saw something in his eyes

• Like 1