Gould gone? 49ers trade for Gonzalez

Manny/Patrick

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wait, you let Robbie Gould go? Or is this a negotiating ploy? Like the Bears, GL not having him.

Robby said he wont be back a couple days after our season ended. Not surprised we were looking for a new kicker... but damn it is going to be hard to replace Gould.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I understand that, wanting to much money? 49ers pulling a Bears from 6 yrs ago?

He's a limited kicker and consistently average, though totally money in the playoffs. 

But he's 40 years old as well.  So maybe just time. He was one of the highest kicker cap hits last year,  but I'm not sure if that is a factor moving forward. Also not sure about whether he wanted to be in SF. That was a bit of a thing a few years ago

2 minutes ago, NinerFever said:

Robby said he wont be back a couple days after our season ended. Not surprised we were looking for a new kicker... but damn it is going to be hard to replace Gould.

He's damn near automatic.  If Lynch is Penny pinching with him, it's a mistake.  People don't care about Kickers until they realize they cost them Wins! GL

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He's a jag. 

(A jag or just he's jag?)

I question that every time i see someone use that abbreviation.  Just JAG would make more sense, but it doesn’t look right visually.  Calling them “a jag” looks and better, but then are you saying that player is a just a guy, or are you saying he’s a jagoff?

this is what keeps me up at night.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I question that every time i see someone use that abbreviation.  Just JAG would make more sense, but it doesn’t look right visually.  Calling them “a jag” looks and better, but then are you saying that player is a just a guy, or are you saying he’s a jagoff?

this is what keeps me up at night.

Oh, I never even realized people were using jag for just a guy I just assumed… 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

He's a limited kicker and consistently average, though totally money in the playoffs. 

But he's 40 years old as well.  So maybe just time. He was one of the highest kicker cap hits last year,  but I'm not sure if that is a factor moving forward. Also not sure about whether he wanted to be in SF. That was a bit of a thing a few years ago

Average? 50 of 51 PAT's last season. I agree with the rest (27 of 32 is average), but he was basically automatic in PAT's.

And yea, he's 40. He's not going to be kicking any deeper, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Average? 50 of 51 PAT's last season. I agree with the rest (27 of 32 is average), but he was basically automatic in PAT's.

And yea, he's 40. He's not going to be kicking any deeper, that's for sure.

The pats are a trade off. He's great there, I agree, but the lack of deep kicks and inability to kick touchbacks consistently hurts. 

The last four years he's been 20, 26, 19 and 17 in fg percentage. Last year his numbers were propped up by 14 attempts of less than 30 yards (Jesus, Kyle is gutless). There's something to be said about his consistency though. No years where he's kicking 65% or anything. 

He's a limited, average kicker... Except in the playoffs. Where he's been perfect. Which is crazy.