Week 12 GDT: Broncos @ Dolphins

BroncoSojia

20 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Okay? Who cares? If the team doesn't like it, they should stop Miami. I have no issue with it. These guys are paid to play football, not to be nice to their friends. Gase SHOULD stick it to Elway. Broncos fans love to hate Gase, but since he left, the offense has been god awful.

I agree with the point about stopping them. If you’re up 22 late why do a surprise onsides? How is that sportsman like.  

And Gase rode Peyton Manning’s coattails to a HC job. And he, like his mentor Josh McDaniles, is a failed HC without his HOF QB. 

3 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

Let's get Lamar Jackson up in here PLEASE

me and you on that train bud

i don't even remember what it's like to have an exciting play on offense.

anyone watching the nuggets instead of this crap yet? 

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

We're weak in the 3 areas you can't be weak at - trenches (OL & run D / interior pass rush - esp. now that Peko / Wolfe are out, and our ILB play is bottom 5 with Marshall hurting, a shell of himself, and Todd Davis shouldn't be a backup, let alone start TBH).   We have less than below-replacement QB (which is amazing, Siemian last year was at worst only somewhat below replacement level, this is brutal - and yet he's the best QB we have on the active roster).   And we have a very exploitable weakness on pass D even when Talib is here - TE/RB's abuse us.   And the 3rd component, ST's - we are 32nd out of 32 teams.  So yeah, that's how you get a 8-game losing streak.

The reality is our deficiencies on the roster have caught up as our draft has whiffed on Day 2 for years...and as of late, Day 1 (Bolles isn't a whiff, just may not be the best pick we could have made, but jury's out there, and that's waaaaay better than any of our recent Rd1 & 2 picks, save for Simmons).  We used to hide it having a legendary 2011 draft class, and then Elway finding magic in bargain FA and UDFA/Day 3 picks - but that well's run dry.

Yes, I know the other areas of the team you mentioned are weaknesses that the team needs to look into addressing.  But it isn’t the problem.  An NFL team is rarely going to have every single area covered.  The OL, DL, LBs or whatever else one wants to point to is minisicule when compared to the true issue.  You can win a lot of football games and playoff games hell even SBs with a weak OL or DL or LB play, happens at one of those units almost every year.

QUARTERBACK.  That is the problem and nothing else on this roster even compares.  Denver had 3 weeks of good QB play and won every game with analysts even talking about them being SB contenders (and many posters on the forum believed that as well) Defenses quickly figured out Siemian sucks (he sucked last year too) and started jamming WRs and blitzing the hell out of Siemian because he isn’t good enough to beat a defense.

You flat out don’t win many football games with trash QBs, that’s what Denver has and that’s why they’re losing.

14 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yes, I know the other areas of the team you mentioned are weaknesses that the team needs to look into addressing.  But it isn’t the problem.  An NFL team is rarely going to have every single area covered.  The OL, DL, LBs or whatever else one wants to point to is minisicule when compared to the true issue.  You can win a lot of football games and playoff games hell even SBs with a weak OL or DL or LB play, happens at one of those units almost every year.

QUARTERBACK.  That is the problem and nothing else on this roster even compares.  Denver had 3 weeks of good QB play and won every game with analysts even talking about them being SB contenders (and many posters on the forum believed that as well) Defenses quickly figured out Siemian sucks (he sucked last year too) and started jamming WRs and blitzing the hell out of Siemian because he isn’t good enough to beat a defense.

You flat out don’t win many football games with trash QBs, that’s what Denver has and that’s why they’re losing.

A good QB can only do so much.  A good QB makes us a a 7-9 to 9-7 team.  Even if we make the playoffs, we get rolled by better teams who are more complete.  I'm more interested in being a true contender, and you HAVE to have trench strength to do that.    We don't have to have all the other areas covered, but trench strength is a must, along with QB. 

I'm all for getting QB addressed - but it won't be enough.  Not when we miss this much talent.   

27 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I agree with the point about stopping them. If you’re up 22 late why do a surprise onsides? How is that sportsman like.  

And Gase rode Peyton Manning’s coattails to a HC job. And he, like his mentor Josh McDaniles, is a failed HC without his HOF QB. 

It's not unsportsmanlike and you know it. This is such a ridiculous argument. Did you lambast our coaching staff when we were thumping teams by 40 points back in the day? No? I didn't think so. You being butthurt because the team sucks doesn't mean Gase did anything wrong. If Denver did the same thing, you'd be thumping your chest. It is what it is. 

I know, you hate Gase because McDaniels hired him. I get it. But he did coach Miami to a 10-6 record and playoff appearance last year. He's had a pretty good team in his time there despite losing Tannehill to injury multiple times. I don't think he's the best coach in the league, but I think you're severely underselling how good of an OC he was. 

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I don't think this team is AS bad as it appears, especially defensively. Today, for example, this team played pretty well defensively most of the time. But you can only do so much when you're like 0-10 on 3rd down. 

I agree with this. The D did their job today. Sorta.

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

Let’s see Watson be good for more than half a season before we cream our panties about him. 

There's very little reason to think Deshaun Watson won't be an absolutely stellar QB. He looked great this year. He was consistently great in college as well.

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

I agree with this. The D did their job today. Sorta.

Yeah, I mean after a while you could see they were gassed and it just sort of went off the tracks, but Roby, Simmons, Harris, etc...all had really good games and did a lot of good things. 

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Let’s see Watson be good for more than half a season before we cream our panties about him. 

Watson had more good performances this season than we have had from the QB position in 3 years. He's legit. Although Jackson and Watson are v different as players 

Archived