Week 12 GDT: Broncos @ Dolphins

BroncoSojia

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

A surprise insides when you’re up 22? Adam Gase is a piece of s***. 

Give me a break. Remember when you didn't like him because he was "young?" I do. Would have been a much better coaching hire when the chance was there IMO.

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Give me a break. Remember when you didn't like him because he was "young?" I do. Would have been a much better coaching hire when the chance was there IMO.

How is that not a POS move? Come on Ben. That’s BS 100%, it’s about Gase sticking it to Elway and Vance. That was as bush league as I’ve seen. 

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

How is that not a POS move? Come on Ben. That’s BS 100%, it’s about Gase sticking it to Elway and Vance. That was as bush league as I’ve seen. 

Okay? Who cares? If the team doesn't like it, they should stop Miami. I have no issue with it. These guys are paid to play football, not to be nice to their friends. Gase SHOULD stick it to Elway. Broncos fans love to hate Gase, but since he left, the offense has been god awful.

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

Can someone just summarize what is wrong with the Broncos? So much talent, and they were one of my locks preseason to be in the playoff hunt and the wheels are just off of them this year. What’s the fix because this was a really good team quite recently. 

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

QB play couldn't possibly be worse, offensive line is still bad, defense doesn't produce turnovers, special teams are routinely a disaster. But yes, it's likely the most talented awful team I've ever seen.

We're weak in the 3 areas you can't be weak at - trenches (OL & run D / interior pass rush - esp. now that Peko / Wolfe are out, and our ILB play is bottom 5 with Marshall hurting, a shell of himself, and Todd Davis shouldn't be a backup, let alone start TBH).   We have less than below-replacement QB (which is amazing, Siemian last year was at worst only somewhat below replacement level, this is brutal - and yet he's the best QB we have on the active roster).   And we have a very exploitable weakness on pass D even when Talib is here - TE/RB's abuse us.   And the 3rd component, ST's - we are 32nd out of 32 teams.  So yeah, that's how you get a 8-game losing streak.

The reality is our deficiencies on the roster have caught up as our draft has whiffed on Day 2 for years...and as of late, Day 1 (Bolles isn't a whiff, just may not be the best pick we could have made, but jury's out there, and that's waaaaay better than any of our recent Rd1 & 2 picks, save for Simmons).  We used to hide it having a legendary 2011 draft class, and then Elway finding magic in bargain FA and UDFA/Day 3 picks - but that well's run dry.

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:

The broncos offense has been dreadful since Manning declined. Nothing to do with Adam Gase. 

Would you take an Adam Gase led offense over what we've had the past few seasons? I'm talking solely offensive performance.

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Siemian is bad. This team should have kept Sloter. I don't understand the love that people had for Trevor. Some were saying that he would have a Pro Bowl season (lol).

Yeah, if we had Kyle Sloter we'd be 9-3 probably. I don't understand the Sloter lovefest. At least Trevor had a body of work against real defenses to measure against. Sloter played well against a bunch of scrubs, and by all accounts struggled mightily the minute he faced any competent players.

1 minute ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Siemian is bad. This team should have kept Sloter. I don't understand the love that people had for Trevor. Some were saying that he would have a Pro Bowl season (lol).

Well that was crazy talk.  But the reality is that as bad as Trevor's been - he's actually better than either Lynch or Oz have been.  But he's regressed...BADLY.   No one could argue otherwise.  Most of us said at very worst, he'd be a good backup to have - it's hard to even say that.

5 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Would you take an Adam Gase led offense over what we've had the past few seasons? I'm talking solely offensive performance.

It doesn’t really matter whether you’re offensive coordinator is Adam Gase, Rick Dennison, Mike McCoy, my 82 year old grandma, Kermit the frog or Donald Trump when your team has really poor personnel on offense. 

Archived