You have two second round picks, Who do you take??

HeydudemanG

I would be fascinated if the Packers double-dipped at TE. Musgrave and Washington provide very different skills but pair very nicely.............. and the Packers are in desperate straits in the TE room, with nothing of significance there now Robert Tonyan is gone and Marcedes Lewis too. These are picks that should help young QB Jordan Love a lot.

probably would take Keion White and Tuli Tuipoluto because defensive ends are premium and without context I'd add two of them just about any year. I feel like that selection isn't cheesing the spirit of the thread and just selecting two guys that probably wouldn't be available and could theoretically be like in the 50s come actual draft.

12 hours ago, Superduperman said:

The Lions do have two and since I want them to take some kind of DL in the first, I'm thinking RB and LB in the second, let's say Jahmyr or Charbonnet, and then my guy at LB is Daiyan Henley

If you were to take a RB early would he even be able to get meaningful snaps with Swift/Montgomery there?

6 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Yes, Swift gets dinged easily.

As a former Swift fantasy manager I understand how frustrating it is that he can’t stay healthy. But you guys just paid Montgomery $18M and he has always been a 3 down workhorse. To me it just feels like you can get better value with another position because a rookie RB probably wouldn’t have any role unless Swift gets hurt and even then he’d still be in a complimentary role. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

As a former Swift fantasy manager I understand how frustrating it is that he can’t stay healthy. But you guys just paid Montgomery $18M and he has always been a 3 down workhorse. To me it just feels like you can get better value with another position because a rookie RB probably wouldn’t have any role unless Swift gets hurt and even then he’d still be in a complimentary role. 

The Lions definitely have snaps for a 3rd RB, even with Swift healthy, and the team under Holmes has already shown the willingness to draft for future years if they have guys on short deals. Then of course there's the likelihood that Swift won't be healthy all year. I expect them to take a RB somewhere, especially considering the depth of backs in this draft, and I'm in favor of them doing it early and getting a very good one.

• Like 1