You have two second round picks, Who do you take??

HeydudemanG

3 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

The Lions definitely have snaps for a 3rd RB, even with Swift healthy, and the team under Holmes has already shown the willingness to draft for future years if they have guys on short deals. Then of course there's the likelihood that Swift won't be healthy all year. I expect them to take a RB somewhere, especially considering the depth of backs in this draft, and I'm in favor of them doing it early and getting a very good one.

Even with Swift hurt last year your RB3 only got 42 Carries. Considering Swift is a free agent after this year I think they’d be smart to take a RB at some point. I just think you can get better value in the second 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even with Swift hurt last year your RB3 only got 42 Carries. Considering Swift is a free agent after this year I think they’d be smart to take a RB at some point. I just think you can get better value in the second 

67 carries, between Jackson and Craig Reynolds, not that that's a lot but Jamaal was a workhorse and I would be surprised if Montgomery gets 260 carries.

I mean, better value at what position? We're talking about the Lions' 3rd or 4th pick in the draft, they've already hit two or three needs at more premium positions like Edge, DT, or CB, and I don't like almost anyone in the draft likely to be there at DT or WR... I admit they could wait till round 5 and still get a decent back but I'd prefer to get someone with breakout potential because I think the chances of them going forward for multiple more years with Swift are low.

4 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Depends on the circumstance and team, but generally if you have an extra pick my stance is take one safe guy and then a swing on a riskier high ceiling prospect. 

This.  Huge range, don't really know who's available, and I really don't know who my team picks in the first.

Assuming they take a tackle at 11, and assuming it's somewhere in the mean range of who I think is available, the second rounders I'd like to see would be a TE and a WR.  Pass rusher depth is a big need, but the Titans need weapons, and doubling up at WR in the same draft twice in a row is just not gonna work long term.  I'd rather grab another good TE that can complement Chig and give the Titans a stellar TE group if they're gonna be this weak at WR.  So let's say, based on who should be there: Marvin Mims and Darnell Wright.

On 4/2/2023 at 10:20 AM, HeydudemanG said:

Like the title says if you have two picks 31-63 which two players would you take regardless of need.

If you mean 31st, I'd go with Anton Harrison because I can't think of many teams who can't use a Tackle big enough to play anywhere on the O-Line.

If you mean 32nd (i.e. first pick of the second round) I'd go with DE Adetomiwa Adebawore because it's fun watching a mountain move that fast while shutting down half the field.

At 63rd I'd go with Jordan Battle, an every down Safety who can make plays anywhere on the field.

==  Power List 2023:  DraftTek & PFF Rank, Draft Buzz Ratings, 40 Yd Times  =  

Rank Coll PFF  Buzz 40Yd  Power List           College   Positn Sch  Tall Lbs
     Rank DTk*
31st 23rd  21  87.7 5.50  Anton Harrison       Oklahoma    OT6  +10  6'5" 309
32nd 98th  73  84.7 4.59  Adetomiwa Adebawore  NWestern DEdg15  +45  6'2" 280
63rd  3rd  79  86.0 4.46  Jordan Battle        Alabama     SS4   +1  6'1" 206

Darnell Washington-TE

Jahmyr Gibbs-RB

Joe Tippman-OC/G

Jalen Hyatt-WR

Zay Flowers-WR

JMS-OC

Any of that list in the 2nd round would be wonderful.... and that's not even counting people who are predicted to go first round that slip.

Well, the bears do. With those picks, I’d probably most hope for Felix Anudike Uzomah and several other edge options. Someone mentioned Zay Flowers, who I’m 99% sure won’t be in the second round, but if he is, he was my favorite receiver in the draft for a long time until JSN’s meteoric ride. He’s similar to Antonio Brown. I truly hope we get Rock Ya Sin so we aren’t going CB too early after using the entire 2nd round last year on db’s. The hope is that we take a great OT in round one and can just use the rest of our seconds on the DL. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 8:10 AM, Dr A W Niloc said:

If you mean 31st, I'd go with Anton Harrison because I can't think of many teams who can't use a Tackle big enough to play anywhere on the O-Line.

If you mean 32nd (i.e. first pick of the second round) I'd go with DE Adetomiwa Adebawore because it's fun watching a mountain move that fast while shutting down half the field.

At 63rd I'd go with Jordan Battle, an every down Safety who can make plays anywhere on the field.

==  Power List 2023:  DraftTek & PFF Rank, Draft Buzz Ratings, 40 Yd Times  =  

Rank Coll PFF  Buzz 40Yd  Power List           College   Positn Sch  Tall Lbs
     Rank DTk*
31st 23rd  21  87.7 5.50  Anton Harrison       Oklahoma    OT6  +10  6'5" 309
32nd 98th  73  84.7 4.59  Adetomiwa Adebawore  NWestern DEdg15  +45  6'2" 280
63rd  3rd  79  86.0 4.46  Jordan Battle        Alabama     SS4   +1  6'1" 206

Thank you for adding to the productive conversation. I really appreciate you.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:20 AM, HeydudemanG said:

Like the title says if you have two picks 31-63 which two players would you take regardless of need.

CB Emmanuel Forbes and DE Derick Hall

Honorable mention WR Cedric Tillman if Forbes sneaks into the 1st. I think Forbes’ size will slide him out, but it’s a close call.