Bengals RB Joe Mixon recharged for aggravated menacing

RaidersAreOne

Wonder what new evidence there is over two months later, aside from cooperation from the CV. 

Cincy should’ve been looking for a new RB already, this has to expedite this process. FA RBs have been pretty cheap this year, I don’t remember who’s quite available. 

2 minutes ago, Soko said:

Wonder what new evidence there is over two months later, aside from cooperation from the CV. 

Cincy should’ve been looking for a new RB already, this has to expedite this process. FA RBs have been pretty cheap this year, I don’t remember who’s quite available. 

Kareem Hunt... y'know what? Nevermind. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Well, time to see how much fire comes with the smoke. From a football standpoint, it sets up his release - which has been an option for awhile now - and bringing in Zeke and a rookie. 

likely scenario 

Police aren't saying what the new evidence is but it might be video from a business in the area or maybe someone came forward with a dashcam.

Bengals should sign Zeke to cover the Perine 3rd down role and draft a replacement for Mixon.

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Police aren't saying what the new evidence is but it might be video from a business in the area or maybe someone came forward with a dashcam.

Bengals should sign Zeke to cover the Perine 3rd down role and draft a replacement for Mixon.

What are the odds with the cap that the Bengals can trade for Eckler

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Highly unlikely.  Still have Burrow and Higgins extensions that the bonuses will eat up cap.  I guess there would be an outside chance of doing it if they dumped Jonah Williams in a trade and also cut Mixon.....................  but I truly doubt it.

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Pretty unlikely. Mixon's contract made him a cut candidate after the draft anyway and this news doesn't help his chances. Bengals are 17 mil under the cap currently and could save 12.6 mil by trading Jonah Williams and 13 mil by cutting Mixon and Collins. So we have plenty of cap space but I doubt they are looking for an expensive mid-career back like Ekeler as opposed to an early to midround rookie RB.

We also lost Samaje Perine this offseason and he played a valuable role as the 3rd down back who could pick up blitzes or catch dumpoffs. I'd bring in Zeke Elliott if he'll take a cheapish deal as he's a good blocker, receiver, and short yardage runner. But the team may be planning to use Trayveon Williams in that role.