Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

43 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'm literally going through the same thing in Atlanta with Ridder. Almost like 9 starts in, I'm looking for flashes of if he can be the guy and then seeing it consistently grow into basically an Alex Smith type. (for you, I think Love is probably more of a McNabb type.)

I mean you said Ridder had the potential to be one of the greatest QBs of all time, you had to expect some pushback?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I mean you said Ridder had the potential to be one of the greatest QBs of all time, you had to expect some pushback?

Lots of guys never reach close to their potential. Obviously, I was expecting some pushback. But like, come on. It's exceptionally rare for a QB to come in during their first 8-9 starts and just light the world on fire. QBs take time and investment.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

They're 17 in opponents PPG this year as opposed to 17th last year...

Look, I'm not saying Jordan Love is playing well as a whole this year.  All I said was that for the first 2 games of the year, he looked like a legitimate top 10 QB.  It obviously came with the caveat that they played one bad defense in Chicago.  But as I've said from the BEGINNING, it's going to take a full year of play before we have a good idea of what the Packers have in Jordan Love.  If he continues down the path he's played the last 3 weeks, the Packers are probably going QB shopping sooner rather than later.  If he rebounds like we think he can, the Packers probably aren't looking for a QB anytime soon.

I think most people would agree that there's not enough information to make a definitive statement.  Obviously a few outliers, but most just say what it appears like right now.

7 hours ago, scar988 said:

Almost like 5-6 starts into his career, you don't *really* know what kind of player he is or something. I'm in a "needs more information" pattern right now. But I've seen flashes enough from Love to say he's worth investing in for the Packers. 

While I agre with what you're saying in an albeit snide manner. I also haven't personally seen enough out of him to believe he is a long term starting QB

On 10/11/2023 at 6:43 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I need an update. Does he still look "very, very good"?

I don't know.  We haven't had any practice updates in a while.

In terms of gameplay, Love is not a main concern of mine.  Our idiotic playcalling hasn't exactly done him any favors.  Neither has our makeshift line.

But, he's certainly struggled recently.  Hopefully things get better.  But odds are GB is a 7-8 win team that will get better, in time, because the offense is just so very young.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 3:10 PM, Jameson_Neat said:

They knew almost immediately what they had in Rodgers and extended him midseason IIRC.

Love is struggling to put three decent to good quarters together in a single game. I'm guessing if he does put it together it will be somewhere else. 

LOL to the bolded part.  You are giving him and MLF too much credit.  They have both failed to put together 3 decent drives in a game, let alone 3 quarters!  It's been a struggle.  We all pretty much knew it.  Not because of Love so much, but because of the youth on offense.  Losing Bakh and Aaron Jones really hurt.  Those were vets you could count on for high end plays and high end knowledge of plays/defenses.

On 10/12/2023 at 12:42 PM, Daniel said:

I think most people would agree that there's not enough information to make a definitive statement.  Obviously a few outliers, but most just say what it appears like right now.

That goes without saying, although that's a hard concept for some to grasp.  We've had 2.5 games (first 2 games plus second half of the NO game) of good Jordan Love.  We've had 2.5 games (first half of New Orleans plus the last 2 games) of awful Jordan Love.  At the end of the day, it's progression that needs to be seen.

On 10/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Love will have plenty of time to read the forum once he loses his job!

Not gonna lie here.

I've thought that if Love/MLF continue to put up 50 passing yards in the first halves of games, sooner or later I want to see Clifford in there.

Clifford had a...well...sense of urgency out there.  More of a gunslinger.  Course, that was in the pre-season.  But if we are going to continue with this crap offense in the first halves of games, I'd like to see what Clifford can do.

I'm not giving up on Love, rather I want to see if the passing stats are a result of MLF or the QB.  

• Like 3

On 10/16/2023 at 9:23 AM, vegas492 said:

Not gonna lie here.

I've thought that if Love/MLF continue to put up 50 passing yards in the first halves of games, sooner or later I want to see Clifford in there.

Clifford had a...well...sense of urgency out there.  More of a gunslinger.  Course, that was in the pre-season.  But if we are going to continue with this crap offense in the first halves of games, I'd like to see what Clifford can do.

I'm not giving up on Love, rather I want to see if the passing stats are a result of MLF or the QB.  

He had 44 yards at half this time so he's atleast getting closer.

• Like 1