Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

So with Caleb already spoken for (Bears) Drake for the Packers?

EDIT:

You know I just realized there's actually a decent shot 3 out of the 4 NFC North teams could go QB in the first round.

People over in the sub forum are now saying we can't take a QB unless we have a top 2 pick and some are even saying they would keep Love next year and pass on Caleb Williams if we had a shot at him. It's full blown panic time. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StatKing said:

People over in the sub forum are now saying we can't take a QB unless we have a top 2 pick and some are even saying they would keep Love next year and pass on Caleb Williams if we had a shot at him. It's full blown panic time. 

If it’s any consolation, this has described ~90% of all in season or offseason debates in the Browns subforum, including this year, minus the “draft capital” part.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StatKing said:

Titans forum is the same way. The pendulum on Caleb as a prospect has been wild.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StatKing said:

He had 44 yards at half this time so he's atleast getting closer.

What are you seeing?  I can't tell if Love is just that bad, or if the coach is just that bad, or if the WR's are just that bad.  Or if the OL is just so bad it is mudding up everything else.

If I had to say what the #1 issue is on offense right now?  Gun to my head?  OL.  Second choice would be the HC.  Third choice would be the Wr's.  4'th would be the QB.

Because it all looks so awful, I can't say that we should take a QB with our high pick.  It seems to me like the best thing to do would be to use 2 of our first 3 picks on offensive linemen.

Also?  Since I do very much like shiny things....I get a little giddy thinking about how Marvin Harrison Jr.  And we may be picking high enough to have a shot at him.  It's a stupid line of thought, WR.  But I just really like that prospect.

50 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Also?  Since I do very much like shiny things....I get a little giddy thinking about how Marvin Harrison Jr.  And we may be picking high enough to have a shot at him.  It's a stupid line of thought, WR.  But I just really like that prospect.

Stupid my ***.  If it's not May or Williams, then I think picking Harrison is a no brainer, regardless of the team.  He may not live up to the hype, but he's a stupidly good prospect, who looks better than guys from the same team who have lived up to it in the NFL, and the son of a HOF receiver with prototype measurables.  What more could you possibly want from a receiver?

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 3:25 PM, MWil23 said:
On 10/12/2023 at 12:21 PM, incognito_man said:

Loving the bump after a bad game for more juicy content down the road 😎

We can bump it every Monday morning that he doesn’t play Chicago if you prefer

On the plus side, I don't think this topic will fall off the front page of Gen, simply because there's a LOT to bump for us who never believed he was a competent QB.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Stupid my ***.  If it's not May or Williams, then I think picking Harrison is a no brainer, regardless of the team.  He may not live up to the hype, but he's a stupidly good prospect, who looks better than guys from the same team who have lived up to it in the NFL, and the son of a HOF receiver with prototype measurables.  What more could you possibly want from a receiver?

For the elite prospect to not be a receiver.  With all that is wrong with GB, a WR ain't moving the needle.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Because it all looks so awful, I can't say that we should take a QB with our high pick.  It seems to me like the best thing to do would be to use 2 of our first 3 picks on offensive linemen.

This time last year, this was a popular train of thought in Houston when referencing Davis Mills. Everything was SO bad, you really had no idea how good Mills was (I mean, I did - I knew Davis Mills wasn't that guy after the '21 season, I didn't need a '22 season with him).

Despite that question making the rounds, the Texans selected CJ Stroud; They could have passed on him, went with Will Anderson (who they traded up to pick, mind you) and saved a lot of assets in the process. The Texans didn't really add much outside of that - Tank Dell, Shaq Mason, Dalton Schultz, Devin Singletary - moderate parts, but this was pretty much the same offense Mills ran with in '22. From this experience... I've learned that the right QB has a way of making *everyone* look better.

A great to elite QB can make bad units look passable. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This time last year, this was a popular train of thought in Houston when referencing Davis Mills. Everything was SO bad, you really had no idea how good Mills was (I mean, I did - I knew Davis Mills wasn't that guy after the '21 season, I didn't need a '22 season with him).

Despite that question making the rounds, the Texans selected CJ Stroud; They could have passed on him, went with Will Anderson (who they traded up to pick, mind you) and saved a lot of assets in the process. The Texans didn't really add much outside of that - Tank Dell, Shaq Mason, Dalton Schultz, Devin Singletary - moderate parts, but this was pretty much the same offense Mills ran with in '22. From this experience... I've learned that the right QB has a way of making *everyone* look better.

A great to elite QB can make bad units look passable. 

Nah, Stroud just has the weapons to succeed. Weapons Young could only dream of.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For the elite prospect to not be a receiver.  With all that is wrong with GB, a WR ain't moving the needle.

Well, I don't know your offensive needs as well as you, but there are also some outstanding OT prospects in this class.