Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Apples and grenades.

Fields is a run first QB. Very different skillsets. That being said, I was among many GB fans who, at the end of last year (after 1.5yrs of starts) thought he still had a chance.

My point holds. Young team, trash receivers, trash o-line, trash rookie coach and coordinators, rookie GM, stupid owners.

"Among many" doesn't really mean much. Many more were certainly not as forgiving as you claim you have been. 

Edited by malak1

13 minutes ago, malak1 said:

My point holds. Young team, trash receivers, trash o-line, trash rookie coach and coordinators, rookie GM, stupid owners.

"Among many" doesn't really mean much. Many more were certainly not as forgiving as you claim you have been. 

Ok. I don't represent all GB fans. If you have specific posters in mind, you should point it out with examples and refrain from generalizing.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

"Jordan Love has a bad completion%"

What about the half a dozen times he missed his WR by 5+ yards. You don't want to show those now do ya? Obviously the reason he has the WORST completion percentage in the league  is because of his WRs. Comical.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is exactly why you don’t wait four years to evaluate a quarterback. He’s young in reps and experience but not contract or age. 

They are claiming he's a young Josh Allen in the Packers forum now. Josh Allen is 2 years older.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Ok. I don't represent all GB fans. If you have specific posters in mind, you should point it out with examples and refrain from generalizing.

If you thought I meant "all packer fans, especially incog...." that's on you for being unnecessarily (maybe dishonestly) pedantic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

They are claiming he's a young Josh Allen in the Packers forum now. Josh Allen is 2 years older.

It’s also why you don’t moronically neglect the offense for 15 years and/or trade away dudes or let them walk. Love I think sucks but that offense as a whole sucks. Chicken or an egg conversation.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It’s also why you don’t moronically neglect the offense for 15 years and/or trade away dudes or let them walk. Love I think sucks but that offense as a whole sucks. Chicken or an egg conversation.

It's a unique type of "suck".

Offense is league worst in first half and was, before this week, league best in 2nd half (by various advanced metrics).

So they are capable and talented but wildly inconsistent. And being inconsistent on offense makes everything else really difficult.

This all equaled out to a league average (17th ranked DVOA) offense, but the practical results are skewed by the severe inconsistency and holes they dug themselves in.

Davante Adams WANTED to go to Las Vegas and play with his best friend Carr. He left AFTER Rodgers re-signed. There's nothing moronic about trading a guy to the place he would have signed as a free agent if you hadn't tagged him. That's the opposite of moronic. I'm assuming that's who you meant with that comment, anyway. 

The Bakh injury, right after he signed a contract making him the highest paid OL in the game was brutal and set the franchise back. That really really sucked. Stashing that enormous contract on the IR for multiple years is hard to overcome. But yes, it was imprudent to not have a better option behind him and the offense is still suffering because of that. OL will definitely be an early and often target with top draft capital next spring I suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

"Jordan Love has a bad completion%"

This kind of is the point of his completion percentage. When he's not outright missing (which this doesn't show). He is throwing into highly contested coverage. Nearly every pass in this clip is a contested ball. Granted his receivers are not winning consistently, but Love is also choosing to throw into that coverage vs. taking what the defense gives him. 

Comes down to decision making, ball placement and accuracy which is where he looks very shaky to say the least.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Being inconsistent is a big part of not being good. Jay Cutler was capable and talented. He sucked. 

Yes of course. 

Most first year players are inconsistent. The good ones are less so on years 2 and 3. 

We'll eventually see with this ridiculously young group of offensive players in GB right now

I’m not sure why this is a hard conversation.

Jordan Love hasn’t been good. 

He also has been placed in a situation where not many QBs would be successful. 

The offensive line is bad.

The running game is bad 

The receivers have been very bad, with limited flashes . 

They commit a lot of penalties 

Drop a ton of balls. 

It’s a offense full of guys on their rookie contract 

and they’re best players on offense has been hurt for most of the year. 

Context matters

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

This is exactly why you don’t wait four years to evaluate a quarterback. He’s young in reps and experience but not contract or age. 

I think this might be an underrated concept in waiting and sitting for 3 years is a long time to be away from the nuances of any skill based activity.    There is a reason that NFL teams/coaches don't want to rest players prior to the playoffs in fear of "rust" being an issue.  that is a 1-2 week of being rested.  I would speculate that 3 years from game action and game speed is a bigger detriment to the "rust" issue.  

Love has not shown development in the last few weeks and that is a major concern.  Feels like MLF is trying to limit things so much and that ultimately stifles the offense in the first half.  things get opened up in the 2nd half and the offense performs better.  I would like to see MLF open up the offense and come out throwing and see what results are.   If nothing else, if things are a disaster, GB has a better idea that Love is not the QBOTF

• Like 1