Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

20 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

This in particular is incredible. "They said he was good, why would they do that if he wasn't?"

In his defense, MLF had a winning record at this point.

Turns out having a HOF QB makes everything look better and more professional.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'm just here to post the transition pre-season from "Jordan Love has been seasoning for three years behind Aaron Rodgers in a great coaching staff and is gonna be ready to play, yall are irrational for thinking it's not worth investing in him, he's totes ready," to "he's a first year starting QB, which is pretty much comparable to a rookie and he needs time before we pass judgment."

Interesting, is it status quo to give players 7 games before we start writing them off?  Just wanting to know for future reference.

12 hours ago, Trey Lance said:

I see what you are saying but it goes both ways. Kelce and Hill leveled up with Mahomes for sure. Hill went from an elite deep threat to an elite WR. Purdy is another that comes to mind. The offense was much better last year after Jimmy went down. Is that because Jimmy sucks? Maybe but Purdy elevated the team in his first year. 

My point being was that Jordan Love didn't have the luxury of having someone established like Travis Kelce.  If you want to say he elevated Tyreek Hill's play, I wouldn't fight too hard.  But I think that was more a byproduct of going from Alex Smith (who physically isn't nearly as gifted as Mahomes) to Patrick Mahomes.  As for Purdy, would you believe me if I said that Purdy is like a slightly upgraded version of Jimmy G in Shanahan's offense but more importantly stays healthy?  Over their career's in San Francisco:

Jimmy G: 1104-1632 (67.6%), 13599 passing yards (8.3 YPA), 82 passing TD (5.0 TD%), 26 interceptions (2.7 INT%), 6.6% sack %, 7.20 ANY/A, 99.2 QB Rating
Brock Purdy: 267-394 (67.8%), 3407 passing yards (8.6 YPA), 25 passing TD (5.4 TD%), 9 interceptions (2.3 INT%), 6.0% sack %, 7.95 ANY/A, 106.3 QB Rating

And that's not even mentioning that Purdy inherited Brandon Aiyuk, George Kittle, Deebo Samuel, AND Christian McCaffrey.

12 hours ago, Trey Lance said:

Anyway while I don't think Love will be anything more than a journeyman starter/backup, I don't think leveling up players in the first year is evidence of why. 

Maybe you're right.  But I'm not basing it off a 7 game sample size when literally NOBODY on the offense (outside of maybe Zach Tom) is playing well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pool said:

You're definitely not alone in that!!!🤪

Just let him cope. Their entire football world is currently burning down all around them. They are finally facing the reality that maybe our front office isn't the best thing since sliced bread and the only reason we've had success is because we were lucky enough to have back to back top 10 QBs of all time.

I knew this season was going to be bad from the get go, just look how bad our offensive production dipped across the board last year when Rodgers wasn't playing at an MVP level.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'm just here to post the transition pre-season from "Jordan Love has been seasoning for three years behind Aaron Rodgers in a great coaching staff and is gonna be ready to play, yall are irrational for thinking it's not worth investing in him, he's totes ready," to "he's a first year starting QB, which is pretty much comparable to a rookie and he needs time before we pass judgment."

“Elite coaching” is wild 😂😂

• Like 1