Are you smarter than Gutekunst?? ........... 2023 shadow draft

squire12

Pick 13 I'm still taking my pre-draft pick of Edge Myles Murphy (Bengals) over Van Ness. I'm interested in OT Broderick Jones, but not enough to change my pick.

Pick 42 and S Brian Branch (Lions) still there. Yes please.

Pick 50 I'm still taking my pre-draft guy DT Gervon Dexter (Bears), though no TE yet is a concern. This is turning into another Defense-first draft.

Pick 78 I'd like to take a chance on TE Darnell Washington's knee and select him here, but without knowing how bad the knee is, I'll stay with the Packers pick of TE Tucker Kraft.

Pick 116 WR Tyler Scott  (Bears) Speed for Days and still on the board. Slot WR only

Pick 149 My draft crush WR A.T.Perry is still on the board but so is S Anthony Johnson. I'm going safety here and hoping Perry is here 10 picks later.

Pick 159 Packers DID take a WR here (Dontayvion Wicks), but I'm going with WR A.T.Perry (Saints).

Pick 179 DL Karl Brooks. Can't improve on that in round 6. I take the same guy.

Pick 207 TE Zack Kuntz (Jets) with his perfect 10 RAS is still on the board. An extra body in the TE room helps. Perfect ball of moldable clay.

Pick 232 K   B.T. Potter (U/D)

Pick 235 S Brandon Joseph (U/D)

Pick 242 I missed this pick at the time of the draft - so I have no selection here.

Pick 256 LB Ivan Pace Jr (U/D) Undersized but powerful build, strong tackler and smart. 

So there is my draft Edge Myles Murphy, S Brian Branch, DT Gervon Dexter, TE Tucker Kraft, WR Tyler Scott, S Anthony Johnson, WR A.T. Perry, DL Karl Brooks, TE Zack Kuntz, K  B.T. Potter, S Brandon Joseph, LB Ivan Pace Jr.

Is this better than Gute managed ? Only time will tell. Will need to re-visit this in a couple of years.

One way in which this is very different from Gute's draft, is the addition of three safeties (rounds 2,5,7).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

(4/27/23 A.M. Post Round 1)

Gutenkunst drives one right down the middle. He got all of that one. Timely pick, since the premier Edge position is wrecked by the end of the round. Keion White and Adebawore are still out there, though they might go fast in the second round.

Premier TE and WR depth still intact for today's three picks. Prediction: TE, WR, DT and OL are in play for us. I would not be surprised if WR is not as big a deal to Gute as it is to the fans. Age old story.

But TE has to be addressed. Must be. Will be.

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I did think the Packers would find it difficult to trade back, so I'm not surprised they stayed put, especially how the draft played out, there were good players at 13.
With who was there when it was time for the pick, I'm wondering if Gonzalez was the highest guy on their board.

Equally, Georgia OT Broderick Jones must have looked very attractive.

Pre-draft I went with Edge Myles Murphy over Van Ness, but said the Packers might go the other way (which they did).

Given who was on the board at the time, and that corner was not the greatest need, I think while we were waiting for the pick to come in, I'd take OT Broderick Jones.

What do I think about who they actually took, I'm good with it.

Agreed.  When we got there I thought the pick at 13 would be Broderick Jones or Gonzales.  Was happy with an Edge though.  Wanted no part of JSN at 13 or a TE.

Hi everyone, new to the forum, lurked often, but just now decided to join.

I half expected LVN even though I wanted a receiver, thing is our pass rush went to the dogs last year once Gary was hurt, without pass rush ability the stress on the secondary becomes to much of a burden and the defense can't get off the field.

looking forward to tonight with 3 picks, we should be able to get receiver help and possibly a ready to play OL.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 15412 said:

Agreed.  When we got there I thought the pick at 13 would be Broderick Jones or Gonzales.  Was happy with an Edge though.  Wanted no part of JSN at 13 or a TE.

I thought it was going to be Broderick Jones, but I wanted a trade back since there were a lot of guys I wanted still on the board .. Smith-Njigba, Kincaid, Broderick Jones, LVN, Murphy, and Mayer. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}