Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I feel bad for Lions fans. They were so poised to take ultimate control of the NFC North with a kickass draft and then... completely ignored positional value. 

I mean, they'll probably still back into it when Primetime Cousins stays Primetime Cousins.  Vikings won A LOT of 1-score games last season that they can't be assumed to just repeat.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean if anything the Lions might be better this coming year because of this, but these picks are now how you build a consistent contender. Off the ball LB and an RB with two top 20 picks is.... ugly.

The HoneyBradger don't give a fugg. He owns the second round.

Just now, StatKing said:

Maybe, just maybe, having a Hall of Fame QB playing at an MVP level had more to do with us winning than Gutes drafting.

You need glasses if you think Walker was solid and Walker couldn't beat out Dean Lowry or Jarran Reed.

We've been tripping over the Lions' drafting the last few years, and they've won diddly squat over that time.  When you're consistently picking early, you should be hitting.

And Walker was solid.  And how many rookie DL take the league by storm as a rookie?  They usually don't.  And the very few go early in the draft.

Just now, adamq said:

Vegas odds swing way too much in the ~2 weeks pre draft.  Lance/Fields/macorckle debacle proved that to me

Anyone who doesn't think the all-of-three sportbooks that handle the entirety of the betting in Vegas don't have plants working Reddit and other social media stuffs to try and drive lines/bets in manners that would favor the house... well, they're incredibly naive.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, StatKing said:

The guy was a top 15 pick who has 22 sacks in 4 years. Nobody outside of Packers fans would consider that a great pick. He just hasn't been a complete bust.

He did exactly nothing for his first year, almost two. And absolutely he was looking like a bust in waiting at that point. Then Zadarius Smith went down following his all pro season, and Gary made GB fans forget about that which is why Z isn't in GB any more. 

If he were healthy going into this season, he (or Jaire or maybe Kenny Clark) would be the best player on the roster right now.