Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

2 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

I don't know much about LVN, but Rashan Gary is around 280 (and was a little more again when drafted if I recall), Preston Smith is 265, and Zadarius, Smith previously was 272. Packers tend to like to go big at EDGE. 

Interesting observation.

No Keyshawn, the Cowboys drafting a Jason Witten clone wouldn't be ironic. Rain on your wedding day isn't ironic either. Neither is a free ride when you're already there -- it's just unnecessary.

Oops, no Michael Mayer. But Mazi Smith could be a good 1-tech NT.

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Not saying I watched any sort of film on either of them, but I can say when tOSU played them, Porter Jr actually stuck out and you heard his name being called often. FWIW

Well that's a lesson about listening to the tv pundits. When I turned on the Porter tape, all I saw was completed catches and interference penalties. The one play he read beautifully and jumped the route, he subsequently dropped the ball. 

I came away underwhelmed.

Whatever team takes him first and foremost has to teach him to reign in those grabs. The athleticism is real. The technique still a work in progress.