2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

huh?  I'll just take comfort at one thing the Packers know how to draft is WR.  Didn't see any mention of him here on the forum.  Reading up on his scouting report sounds pretty good. 

People are operating under the assumption that the Packers cutoff for WR height is like 6'0" because we've drafted a bunch of guys north of that, when it's probably still like 5'10 1/2" the same as it was with Ted.  It's just that most WRs don't fall in that inch and a half range.

From TDN

Throughout his career at Michigan State, Reed has shown to not only be a receiver but also a versatile offensive player—even contributing on as a special team returner. Reed has aligned in traditional receiver alignments at the X or Z but also in the slot, as the motion player in jet sweep action, and in the backfield. This versatility allowed for coordinators to find creative ways to get the ball into Reed’s hands so he can use his best trait: his run-after-catch ability. 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

People are operating under the assumption that the Packers cutoff for WR height is like 6'0" because we've drafted a bunch of guys north of that, when it's probably still like 5'10 1/2" the same as it was with Ted.  It's just that most WRs don't fall in that inch and a half range.

Yah get it.  Wasn't Jennings 5'11" Kind of reminds me of that pick.  Out of left field.

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Did we just draft the 2nd coming of Amari Rodgers. Thought this guy would go later

No, this kid is an athlete. He ran 4.45, his 10-yard split was right there with Zay Flowers. He's a really good football player that played at a college who didn't have a decent quarterback and had a ****ty team.

He's going to be a good player.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoremore said:

Yah get it.  Wasn't Jennings 5'11" Kind of reminds me of that pick.  Out of left field.

If I remember correctly, many GB fans were mad when GB traded down and landed Jennings while NE took some scrub WR (Chad Jackson?) with GB's original pick.

• Like 1