2023 NFL Draft Day Thread

textaz03

58 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It’s been a minute since I’ve been this disappointed in a Dallas draft. It’s a bitter pill and feels like approach was just very….complacent, is all that comes to mind. I like Mazi, after that it all falls very flat for me. 

Sums up how I feel.  

I actually LOVE this pick. All of a sudden I have something in this draft to smile about.

I watched this kid play. Speed, aggressive, hits the hole in a blink, makes people miss, can catch and just when you're ready to say "yeah but..." He can take a hit too. Tough kid.

And what I really loved about watching him run is that he doesn't trip up easy. Great balance, very tough to get him down.

This kid is gonna be a lotta fun for this team.

Jalen Brooks is a bigger wide receiver who has the size and willingness to be an effective blocker in space. He has below-average top-end speed and burst. Production in college has been limited. Brooks sinks his hips and flattens routes across the field, but more physical defensive backs can re-route him.

Strengths:

• Square blocker in space, has the size to be effective
  • Sinks his hips and flattens routes across the field

Weaknesses:

• More physical defensive backs can re-route him
  • Footwork off the snap needs to improve
  • Below-average top-end speed and burst
  • Limited production in college

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Last year?

Not even close. I liked last years draft a lot.

It should be noted that I didn’t like the Parsons pick and I’m guessing I probably didn’t care for the Joseph pick either in 2021. So basically what do I know? Everything about rds 2-7 just isn’t doing anything for me. I do like the pinball Deuce, but I think size probably catches up to him in NFL, but I’ll take a wait and see on that one. 

Edited by WizardHawk

Passing on Hyatt this draft AND seeing him go to the Giants makes me kind of sad. But overall very happy with this draft.

B+

Washington is a very unknown grey area in the passing game for the NFL at this moment.

Should we have taken a risk on him? maybe. Well all round TE's have always been the staple for our offenses over the recent years.

I did wish for Hendershot to contribute a bit more in the blocking game, I feel Schoonmaker gives us that & some plug and play ability day 1 with Ferg right now as starter. 

We didn't come into the draft with that many needs on offense but we sure shored up some OL depth I was concerned about. I do anticipate further trades this season to compete later on in the season but we don't know for sure when we will show that need for a position before the deadline. 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas