🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

Overview
Long-limbed defender who figures to turn into a full-blown nightmare for opponents if he continues to grow into both his frame and his game. Wilson’s combination of traits and athleticism should yield flashes of dominant play in both phases as he continues to get bigger and stronger. His length and lateral quickness are ingredients for chaos as a back-side run game disruptor. He’s capable of ranging and tackling from distance if the run flows wide. On the flip side, he’s not very instinctive as a run defender and his play demeanor could stand to be a little thornier when attacking blocks. Wilson has the physical tools to create pocket push as a power rusher early on, but the hand usage and rush plan will need tutoring for him to become a well-rounded, two-way rusher. He might not set the world on fire in Year 1, but the talent and vaulted ceiling will be easy to see soon enough.
Strengths
  • Elite size with a massive wingspan.
  • Posted high-end production with extensive upside still available.
  • Controls tight ends at the point of attack.
  • Wrecks run plays with hard back-side crash.
  • Length allows for improbable tackles from distance.
  • Swings long levers for slap-and-swim rush wins.
  • Inside stab move knocks tackle off-balance and opens rush door inside.
  • Cuts through the B-gap and into the pocket on end-tackle twists.
  • Possesses traits to grab early control of the rush rep with more work.
  • Slices through redirection and recovery blocks like butter.
Weaknesses
  • Lacks explosive get-off and ability to bend and flatten at the arc.
  • Hands need to become more skilled and violent as a pro rusher.
  • Play can be upright and narrow at the point of attack.
  • Slower to process movement and loses his contain.
  • Delayed punch and separation, allowing blockers into his frame.
  • Needs to attack blocks with a little more bitterness.
Edited by RaidersAreOne

The problem with this is it's basically admitting that Chandler Jones was a stupid signing. I'm not sure that it makes us better in the way that I wouldve liked. But I think he has a chance to be fast tracked into success because Max Crosby's on the other side. So thats good news

• Like 2

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

The problem with this is it's basically admitting that Chandler Jones was a stupid signing. I'm not sure that it makes us better in the way that I wouldve liked. But I think he has a chance to be fast tracked into success because Max Crosby's on the other side. So thats good news

Not really Chandler was never a long term solution.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Can we see a situation where we got Maxx and Tyree on the ends and Jones as a stand up rusher?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Better to admit a mistake then pretend like it’s not a problem

• Like 4