🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Question:

Do you think you're more likely to get in trouble with:

A) Your college buddies you were d!cking around with and got in trouble with as a student. (Now you all have multi millions)

B) Two first team All-Pro guys with zero past incidents and who are considered family men.

If you think Wilson was a better prospect in terms of tape, IDK what to tell you. Carter was the best player on a national championship team multiple seasons. Wilson was getting bull dozed in the Big 12.

I wanted Carter, like was jumping up and down when he was available but I can understand the decision, again because it was my opinion not a fact. 

More likely Id go with A. 
But you are leaving out some big variables to your equation, which I dont understand. 

More likely to get in trouble in Vegas or Philly?
More likiely to stay disciplined when expected to go on a deep play off run, or elimanated by say week 15?
More likely to get in trouble with a respected FO / Coaching staff vs one that has said to had problems with players who dont go all in?

In your mind, why can it be brought down to a singular reason? 
I think there are a ton of reasons Philly is a better fit for him vs us. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I wanted Carter, like was jumping up and down when he was available but I can understand the decision, again because it was my opinion not a fact. 

But you are leaving out some big variables to your equation, which I dont understand. 

More likiely to stay disciplined when expected to go on a deep play off run, or elimanated by say week 15?
More likely to get in trouble with a respected FO / Coaching staff vs one that has said to had problems with players who dont go all in?

Good points 

I think Philly/Vegas is a toss up as dangerous cities 

agree that Philly has better coaches

also agree I don’t know if he’s built to handle losing 

but dam tho feels like we’re cursed sometimes. mf fell right in our lap we weren’t ready 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

It's a fact buddy.

Thank you.

More likely to get in trouble with your college bros in Philly easily. 

47 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Oh boy. Somebody in their feels 🥱

I'm sure you were a Ruggs truther over CeeDee as well. Now one is an elite WR and the other one is preparing to be the star of the longest yard 2. Tyree probably be in prison soon while Carter an All Pro.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What have JMD / DZ shown that makes them better than the previous regime? Other than pass on a generational talent for a DE with average bend / burst coming off of a serious injury that has held him out for almost a year now? 

I never said I liked McDaniels or Zeegs.

I think they suck too.

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Good points 

but dam tho feels like we’re cursed sometimes. mf fell right in our lap we weren’t ready 

Yup, it def hurt. Our biggest need for what feels like 20 years, Seymour and TK were our last pair, but having a young star beside Maxx wouldve been incredible. 
Def feel the were cursed vibes lol. We're the Raiders after all. 

I think Josh could feel his seat warming up a bit, and if Mark said he is very against Carter, but will leave it to Josh/ DZ, i can see them taking him off their board. 

It appears he was off numerous teams board, again showing, its all opinions, not fact based. 

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yup, it def hurt. Our biggest need for what feels like 20 years, Seymour and TK were our last pair, but having a young star beside Maxx wouldve been incredible. 
Def feel the were cursed vibes lol. We're the Raiders after all. 

I think Josh could feel his seat warming up a bit, and if Mark said he is very against Carter, but will leave it to Josh/ DZ, i can see them taking him off their board. 

It appears he was off numerous teams board, again showing, its all opinions, not fact based. 

Obviously I wanted to trade down and get Porter jr at cb. But seeing carter there felt like dejavu.

darrisaw leatherwood 

hr3 Justin Jefferson 

cle vs everyone lol

etc etc

You gotta trust your team and obviously we didn’t think we had the coaches and or team to make it work. That’s kinda sad cause we doing all this change and still not enough. Part of me thinks rich at hc could do better in that department. Maxx is all world and I’d trust him to stay on carter.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Obviously I wanted to trade down and get Porter jr at cb. But seeing carter there felt like dejavu.

darrisaw leatherwood 

hr3 Justin Jefferson 

cle vs everyone lol

etc etc

You gotta trust your team and obviously we didn’t think we had the coaches and or team to make it work. That’s kinda sad cause we doing all this change and still not enough. Part of me thinks rich at hc could do better in that department. Maxx is all world and I’d trust him to stay on carter.

CeeDee was that dude we needed but Mayock didn't know his alphabet because he didn't realize that CeeDee should've come after AB.

On 8/3/2023 at 4:25 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Good points 

Philly is much more dangerous than Las Vegas crime wise 

Las Vegas there’s more distractions for a 22 year old millionaire to Get into

On 8/3/2023 at 10:02 PM, BackinBlack said:
On 8/3/2023 at 9:40 PM, NYRaider said:

Jimmy G will have to elevate his game to carry Tyree especially on that bum foot! 

no, stop with the excuses! W/L only on QB, everything else just an excuse!

This is going to be an interesting plot line to follow during the season……..😁😁

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 11:01 PM, NYRaider said:

I only state facts, you guys are up in arms because I'm saying Carter was a better prospect and would've been a better pick. 

I don’t agree with this. You can’t call something a fact if it’s opinion.

Also, I would argue (and bear in mind I loved Carter on film and even chose him in an early mock draft I did where people said he wouldn’t fall 🤨) that Wilson was a much cleaner prospect than Carter. Maybe not as purely talented at this moment in time, but Wilson had high potential plus character does play a big part on a prospects makeup, hence Carter falling.

So with regard being a ‘better prospect’, due to Carters off field concerns plus lack of conditioning and questionable character it’s certainly isn’t a fact he was a better prospect at all. The draft proves that objectively. He’s more talented right now, but in the future, who knows.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2023 at 3:51 PM, BackinBlack said:

I'm renting a place in Vegas but stay more in California at this time and I'm worried about ME in Vegas. I have an addictive personality and @ 52 I've been able to keep a handle on things. However there have been times while visiting there where I've been invited into situations that never were offered to me in LA/Hollywood, San Diego, Florida, Colorado or any other places I've vacationed at. I almost moved to Fort Lauderdale because of the club Chilli Peppers. In Colorado it was 'The Church' or 7 Candles depending on who you talked to. Use to get a new car from dealership and cross state lines with friends, just to have fun. I'm a nobody, and I get offers for all kinds of things in Vegas from tourists and locals. Now throw in a huge sum of money, fame to your name and strangers thinking they know you because of what is online about your life. That also brings out an element to scam you and relieve you of your resources.  

The heat brings out skin, sin and the devil within. 🤪

@Darbsk The conditioning was the straw that broke Carter's back IMO. With all 3 there (Carter, Wilson, Gonzo) I would have traded down with Zona. All the Tackles were still on the board too when the trade was offered, but we hesitated so we got leap frogged. Carter's off field issues made him slip as a prospect as should have Wilson's foot injury. It was such a deep draft that stock piling 2nd to 3rd round picks to build a foundation would have been best IMO. Doesn't matter now and I hope our rookies contribute and develop into our best draft class ever. They are Raiders now and that's all that matters. 

Edited by G
  • Like 3