🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm old enough to remember when Khalil Mack was a "bust" because he didn't get a sack in pre-season until the 4th quarter of his 4th game against nobodies. 

Wilson hasn't played since Nov last year. Missed most of camp. Was raw coming out. He's a project. If he looks like this year 2, then you have beef. 

I hate to agree with this but i do. Just trying to balance the idea that we took a raw project so high in the draft makes me sick, again. Getting Ferrell flashbacks. Hope he pans out, but also hate to see the same song and dance. Especially since Carter is showing he belongs day 1. 

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I hate to agree with this but i do. Just trying to balance the idea that we took a raw project so high in the draft makes me sick, again. Getting Ferrell flashbacks. Hope he pans out, but also hate to see the same song and dance. Especially since Carter is showing he belongs day 1. 

Carter was obviously way better we all knew that. It was the character that caused the drop.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is nonsense and you know it. 

Cle was a late round 1 early 2 projection. Wilson was top 5 on most boards. Try harder. 

Who had the better resume?

better stats?

championships?

idk about projection or twitter I watch games and still no one has produced a game where he takes over and produces a top 5 result 

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm old enough to remember when Khalil Mack was a "bust" because he didn't get a sack in pre-season until the 4th quarter of his 4th game against nobodies. 

Wilson hasn't played since Nov last year. Missed most of camp. Was raw coming out. He's a project. If he looks like this year 2, then you have beef. 

You don’t draft someone esp a dl top 7 then say wait till year 2.

mack had again better tape, numbers, moves etc as a prospect and he was getting pressure just not finishing with a sack.

it’s only 1 game but Wilson looks the same as he did in college so far

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Carter was obviously way better we all knew that. It was the character that caused the drop.

One of the reasons I loathe the Niners to this day was the whole Rodgers/Alex Smith decision. I wanted them to take Rodgers so badly. (I like to see them do well even though I'm a raider fan). I call it the Rodgers Curse. They've had horrendous QB luck ever since drafting Alex Smith. 

I would hate that to be the same as Tyree/Carter situation. I was pounding the table for Carter on draft night when our pick came and went. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'm old enough to remember when Cle Ferrell received blind faith because he was an early pick. Mack's sack numbers weren't great early on but he was tearing ish up as a run defender and looked the part. 

Tyree might set the world record for slowest reflexes. Play is dead and this dude still in a 3p stance.

46 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

56 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Everyone wants to change their tune now, Carter should've been the pick.

Just like Ferrell over Burns, Ruggs over CeeDee, Raiders are the kings of making notoriously terrible picks.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Just like Ferrell over Burns, Ruggs over CeeDee, Raiders are the kings of making notoriously terrible picks.

no ones changing their tune, everyone knows Carter was the best player in the draft. Raiders just couldnt make the pick. 

It was terrible watching it unfold and have the best player at our biggest need right in our laps and being handcuffed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

One of the reasons I loathe the Niners to this day was the whole Rodgers/Alex Smith decision. I wanted them to take Rodgers so badly. (I like to see them do well even though I'm a raider fan). I call it the Rodgers Curse. They've had horrendous QB luck ever since drafting Alex Smith. 

I would hate that to be the same as Tyree/Carter situation. I was pounding the table for Carter on draft night when our pick came and went. 

I saw on next gen stats guess the dlineman with the quickest get off week 1….clue is he’s a rookie….

.68 sec sheesh

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yup. 

I wouldn't have taken Wilson in place of Carter though I would've taken a few other guys before Wilson. I hated him as a prospect. 

You absolutely hated Carter in the lead up to the draft. You took the car accident situation and put 10 on it to call the kid a POS. No flip flopping after the fact. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone and their mom knows this though. On the field he should have been the #1 overall pick.