🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My tree guy is a arborist we have great convos about weather the environment etc. he owns a tree cutting business then he sells the wood. F’n genius. Every time it’s usually different wood. Gotta go see him soon before the rain starts. 

Damn I need to befriend a tree guy lol

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Mayers is going to be a very solid player I believe. Give me a workhorse at TE over a show pony like Waller. Waller may or may not have fallen out with McDaniels but he just wasn’t on the field enough and when he was, he was a liability last year to be frank. If Garoppolo can get his arse in gear soon he’ll be just fine.

Silvera could I guess be described as undersized but I like to judge on what I see on the field rather than looking at his height and weight listings. He’s going to be a good player I believe, he plays with football strength (rather than weight room strength) and one thing rookies struggle with is leverage and holding the PoA and he has both. He has a lot to learn for sure but I think he has a future.

I think both have a decent to good chance to be starters moving forward. 

As far as Mayers is concerned, There's a reason why some of his contemporaries that came out of this year's draft are on the field performing, but he's not. 

As far as Silvera is concerned, we would have to see him get on the field to make that judgment

30 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

As far as Mayers is concerned, There's a reason why some of his contemporaries that came out of this year's draft are on the field performing, but he's not. 

As far as Silvera is concerned, we would have to see him get on the field to make that judgment

Yes, their QBs are throwing them the ball when they’re open 😄

• Like 2

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’ll be back soph year homie

saw he came on a stunt last night that’s progress he usually just runs in a straight line.

the dl rotation was surprising pitt kinda 

I was shocked when I saw Tyree use  a swim move iirc. Maybe a rip, but he actually used his hands which was nice to see.

Baby steps...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Give him a little time.

Typically I hate that defense of a pick…. But in this case I think it’s the right stance.  
Wilson was a project pick.  He was very raw in his pass rush moves and had some glaring technical issues that needed to be fixed including a bizzare release/get off where he stood straight up, evaluated the play, then rushed upfield.  The kid will need 1-1.5 years before he really is ready to produce at the level he’s capable of.  The hope was his strength would allow him to be a capable run defender on the edge and his bullrush would allow him to have enough pass rush production to warrant snaps. 

Carter was a nfl ready prospect with more upside, but had serious red flags.  And those red flags went beyond “driving fast”.  Anyone that labels it as that is a bad actor and shouldn’t be taken seriously.  Even on the field, the guy had a history of being selective with his effort and that’s very problematic when you consider the fact that his snap count was reduced due to Georgia’s heavy rotation of players. 
Carters playing well and hasn’t had any issues yet.  But he’s exhibited behavior that suggests he still hasn’t grown-up / changed his thought processes and life, including going on IG throwing up hand signs and rocking red bandanas.  Defenders will say “red is Georgia’s team color, he wasn’t doing anything wrong”.  Maybe he wasn’t, but a mature professional person trying to rebuild a scarred public image wouldn’t even be on IG unless it was videos of them working out or doing charity work.  The whole situation just seems like he’s still an immature person who doesn’t get it yet.  
Carter could very well not have any issues while with Philly.  They’re a winning team with solid staff and team culture.  We have none of that… and we’re in Vegas, a city that’s open all night and has too many opportunities to get into trouble.  I think the temptation to go out a party or just not be completely dedicated to becoming the best player possible when the teams losing like we are/will be. 

That said I really I don’t care how Carter turns out.  Im concentrating on Wilson.  Im not expecting to see him play lights out, I’m hoping to see progress in his areas of weaknesses and flashes of high end traits.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wonder if he is hurt? I hope that’s the case…. He isn’t explosive because he rushed back to be there for the team 

He’s not explosive because he stands up At the snap.  He’s got to fix that jacked up technique In order to be explosive on a consistent basis.

• Like 4