1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Being a fan of one team doesn't mean you have to hate another team or their fanbase. Except the Eagles. Those guys can kick rocks...

I've largely given up hate in sports. It doesn't really help me be happy or healthy. Not saying anyone else also should.....just good for me this way

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Being a fan of one team doesn't mean you have to hate another team or their fanbase. Except the Eagles. Those guys can kick rocks...

Being a fan of one team also doesn’t mean you have to like their rivals lol. I don’t know about you but I don’t like the Packers, Bears or the Lions. You’d never find me in their forums because I’m only interested in the Vikings. By the way, I never said anything about hating the fan base. I don’t really care about the fan base honestly. I don’t like most of y’all, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to stop being a Vikings fan lol. 

Edited by Purplepride323

26 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I've largely given up hate in sports. It doesn't really help me be happy or healthy. Not saying anyone else also should.....just good for me this way

I don't understand the component in sports fanbases to begin with. I can't imagine treating someone poorly, disliking someone, or even disliking players because they're rooting/affiliated with another tam.

It's like the 'grown up' version of hating fellow kindergarteners for their preferred color or hating fellow high schoolers for their preferred pickup truck brand. It's all lame.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I don't understand the component in sports fanbases to begin with. I can't imagine treating someone poorly, disliking someone, or even disliking players because they're rooting/affiliated with another tam.

It's like the 'grown up' version of hating fellow kindergarteners for their preferred color or hating fellow high schoolers for their preferred pickup truck brand. It's all lame.

Maybe you just don’t understand sports or rivalries. It’s actually what makes it fun. Every protagonist has an antagonist. It’s just life my guy. Get used to it. 

1 hour ago, Purplepride323 said:

You can still have 2 WRs in 12 personnel. So if Hockenson and Oliver are out there, Jefferson and Addison can still be out there as well. I think KJ Osborn will be the 3rd WR once Addison gets going. Him and Jefferson will be more dangerous for opposing defenses than Osborn and Jefferson. 

Agreed completely, and with playing two TEs more which they have to do honestly or else why give Oliver 7 mil a year for 3 years?  Addison and Jefferson is a better pair and Osborn can fill in when needed or if Addison is slow to start out as a rookie.

It was a fine pickup getting Addison, not sure where all this Addison dislike is coming from, what because he is 170ish?  What if he was 205 no one would have a problem with it?  My guess is yes, but last time I checked route running is crazy important and Addison is as good as they get and has great high jump ball skills for a smaller thin WR.  

The dude has skills and should be a great Viking.  Just like when they got Jefferson right after Diggs left, getting Addison right after Thielen is gone seems like a great way for things to fall.  

19cbbcd3-bb73-4414-9625-b7f38038017c_640

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Duluther said:

well said.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed completely, and with playing two TEs more which they have to do honestly or else why give Oliver 7 mil a year for 3 years?  Addison and Jefferson is a better pair and Osborn can fill in when needed or if Addison is slow to start out as a rookie.

It was a fine pickup getting Addison, not sure where all this Addison dislike is coming from, what because he is 170ish?  What if he was 205 no one would have a problem with it?  My guess is yes, but last time I checked route running is crazy important and Addison is as good as they get and has great high jump ball skills for a smaller thin WR.  

The dude has skills and should be a great Viking.  Just like when they got Jefferson right after Diggs left, getting Addison right after Thielen is gone seems like a great way for things to fall.  

The dislike is the context of the team having how many healthy CBs and the 31st ranked D......I think, and I'm guessing as I haven't talked to any fans, the "hate" is about the team and what they NEED.....and there were very highly ranked defensive players available.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

All of the recent Vikings wrs that have had success have been great route runners it seems like

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

The dislike is the context of the team having how many healthy CBs and the 31st ranked D......I think, and I'm guessing as I haven't talked to any fans, the "hate" is about the team and what they NEED.....and there were very highly ranked defensive players available.

I say again they got Murphy, they got J. Williams and if Cine is just ok they are already instantly improved in the DB spot.  Much less having a far superior DC now and also adding Davenport and Lowry.  Sure the D sucked but not sure getting Deonte Banks would have completely changed the team...

Also not sure one is in the position to totally give up on Booth already and Evans and they were just drafted.  If that is the case that is pretty damn sad and they need a new GM if they already know those corners both suck along with Cine at safety.

All these guys are still on the board and five of them could be awesome slot corner types in Antonio Johnson, Phillips, Hodges-Tomlinson, Cam Smith and Mullen.  

Antonio Johnson
Kelee Ringo
Clark Phillips
Jartavius Martin
Mekhi Garner
Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
Cam Smith
DJ Turner
Cory Trice
Eli Ricks
Julius Bents
Tiawan Mullen

One could easily fall to the Vikings with that 3rd pick no doubt about it.  So they can still get a CB where as WR no way a Jordan Addison route runner is around in the 3rd round.  Jayden Reed, Tillman and Mingo are all solid players but Addison is a better route runner than them all and was more consistent over the past two years and has better hands than any of them as well.  

I'm very worried about Evans mutliple concussions, and that isn't on the GM at all. No idea how one can even imply that.

Booth was a good risk, that may or may not pay off. One of the CBs they signed missed how much of last year, and was how good before that? Cine isn't a CB, unless he goes to the slot which seems unlikely. 

We don't agree, that's all. And, I was trying to explain why some fans preferred others to Addison.....

Edited by PrplChilPill

51 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Being a fan of one team also doesn’t mean you have to like their rivals lol. I don’t know about you but I don’t like the Packers, Bears or the Lions. You’d never find me in their forums because I’m only interested in the Vikings. By the way, I never said anything about hating the fan base. I don’t really care about the fan base honestly. I don’t like most of y’all, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to stop being a Vikings fan lol. 

You’re such a ray of sunshine. 

• Like 2