1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

6 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

What is not being said, and what I really hope wasn't a factor, is the possibility that the Vikings took a WR in the first because they are concerned they won't be able to hang onto JJ Jefferson. 

Doubtful, considering they’ve got the ability to hang on to Jefferson for another 4 seasons before they’d absolutely need to sign him to a new contract. 

10 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Evans had how many concussions? Anyone that thinks that's going away is likely wrong, IMO.

I am well aware of his concussion issues. He may legitimately have to retire after another one. CB is a need, I'm not saying otherwise. I'm just trying to find the positives in not going defense in round 1

Edited by AP_allday2869

Vikings personnel groupings on 1st down last year (can't find the #'s for ALL downs or the totals).

11 personnel (1 RB/1 TE): 64% - NFL rank #8
12 personnel (1 RB/2 TE): 15% - NFL rank #27
21 personnel (2 RB/1 TE): 14% - NFL rank #9
22 personnel (2 RB/2 TE): 6% - NFL rank #6

Rams rankings in 2021.

11 personnel (1 RB/1 TE): 84% - NFL rank #1
12 personnel (1 RB/2 TE): 14% - NFL rank #29
Other: 1% - NFL rank #27

I would speculate that we'll see an increase in 11 personnel on 1st downs to closer align to the Rams from 2021. Addison should be able to attack and capitalize on the attention that Jefferson receives. This offense should prove tough to defend in 11 personnel. I'd be curious to see where the Vikings ranked in 3-and-outs last year, it felt like a lot, but I would hope that number improves.

No excuses for the offense now, all gas, no brakes!!!

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Vikings personnel groupings on 1st down last year (can't find the #'s for ALL downs or the totals).

11 personnel (1 RB/1 TE): 64% - NFL rank #8
12 personnel (1 RB/2 TE): 15% - NFL rank #27
21 personnel (2 RB/1 TE): 14% - NFL rank #9
22 personnel (2 RB/2 TE): 6% - NFL rank #6

Rams rankings in 2021.

11 personnel (1 RB/1 TE): 84% - NFL rank #1
12 personnel (1 RB/2 TE): 14% - NFL rank #29
Other: 1% - NFL rank #27

I would speculate that we'll see an increase in 11 personnel on 1st downs to closer align to the Rams from 2021. Addison should be able to attack and capitalize on the attention that Jefferson receives. This offense should prove tough to defend in 11 personnel. I'd be curious to see where the Vikings ranked in 3-and-outs last year, it felt like a lot, but I would hope that number improves.

No excuses for the offense now, all gas, no brakes!!!

Hopefully they stop throwing deep on third and short.....

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I would speculate that we'll see an increase in 11 personnel on 1st downs to closer align to the Rams from 2021.

Then what was the point of signing Ham, Oliver and Mattison?

Clearly, the drafting of Addison, along with those signifies more 12 and 22 personnel than 11. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 4

It’s a good pick. Good slot guy, good route runner. Does a lot of damage when the play breaks down, which may be a story for whoever the next guy at qb is. I think it’ll help Addison’s ego that he will never be the top receiver in Minnesota. But I think it’s an excellent pick for you guys and addressed an obvious need. This is one of my “don’t overthink it” picks 

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It’s a good pick. Good slot guy, good route runner. Does a lot of damage when the play breaks down, which may be a story for whoever the next guy at qb is. I think it’ll help Addison’s ego that he will never be the top receiver in Minnesota. But I think it’s an excellent pick for you guys and addressed an obvious need. This is one of my “don’t overthink it” picks 

Bears fan on a Vikings forum room giving his opinion on a Vikings draft pick? You want to be a Vikings fan so bad lol. I would too if I were you. 

Edited by Purplepride323

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Then what was the point of signing Ham, Oliver and Mattison?

Clearly, the drafting of Addison, along with those signifies more 12 and 22 personnel than 11. 

You would think so. I still don't get the Oliver signing.....especially now.

3 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Bears fan on a Vikings forum room giving his opinion on a Vikings draft pick? You want to be a Vikings fan so bad lol. I would too if I were you. 

I’ve posted in the entire NFC North today. But I’ve never hated Minnesota. The lions are a dying piece of roadkill you see on the street and laugh at, the packers are an abomination, but the Vikings have always been like an even cousin to Chicago for me. We’ve even had very similar teams and schemes. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

You would think so. I still don't get the Oliver signing.....especially now.

You can still have 2 WRs in 12 personnel. So if Hockenson and Oliver are out there, Jefferson and Addison can still be out there as well. I think KJ Osborn will be the 3rd WR once Addison gets going. Him and Jefferson will be more dangerous for opposing defenses than Osborn and Jefferson. 

Edited by Purplepride323

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’ve posted in the entire NFC North today. But I’ve never hated Minnesota. The lions are a dying piece of roadkill you see on the street and laugh at, the packers are an abomination, but the Vikings have always been like an even cousin to Chicago for me. We’ve even had very similar teams and schemes. 

We've had our fair share of good MLBs as well...certainly not as good as the Bears', but still have had a good run. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

You can still have 2 WRs in 12 personnel. So if Hockenson and Oliver are out there, Jefferson and Addison can still be out there as well. I think KJ Osborn will be the 3rd WR once Addison gets going. Him and Jefferson will be more dangerous for opposing defenses than Osborn and Jefferson. 

I think that's clearly understood, but the original suggestion was that we would see an increase in 11 personnel, which would be 3 WRs...that's clearly not going to be the case...and when Addison gets going, Osborn gets his snaps cut. 

Edited by swede700