2023 NFL Draft: Day 2 Discussion

gopherwrestler

40 minutes ago, Boda said:

Didnt Mike Zimmer do that in his 1st year?

Zimmer had more talent to work with in his first year as far as I'm concerned (Sharrif Floyd, Everson, Sebastian Thunderbucket, Linval Hungry, Brian Robison, Greenway, Munnerlyn, Rhodes and Harry...not to mention the drafting of Barr in the 1st).  Harry is still here, along with Phillips, Danielle, Lowry and potentially Davenport (not expecting Za'Darius to be here), but the rest are all unproven, including Murphy.  They may prove to be talented...and healthy (which is a much larger question), but I don't have that confidence yet.

Edited by swede700

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

why? seems like a "because I think so" statement to me. His numbers/performance don't suggest he's unproven.

He seems to have spent half his career injured, so I wouldn't exactly say he's proven.  Maybe not necessarily completely unproven, but certainly not proven to the level the others are.  I have a lot of questions still.

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Honestly though, if you're the Colts and you're really serious about finding that next franchise QB, why not do it? 

Levis is going to have a huge chip on his shoulder, and the competition could bring out the best in both. 

Horrible optics. It says you aren't confident in your top-5 pick, and it ruins all marketability for your new "franchise player". From a business and leadership perspective that would be grounds for instant termination. 

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Horrible optics. It says you aren't confident in your top-5 pick, and it ruins all marketability for your new "franchise player". From a business and leadership perspective that would be grounds for instant termination. 

Or it tells your fanbase that you're willing to do whatever it takes to get it right.