Draft Day 2

MdTitansFan56

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's Florio..so....eh

I mean I think it’s pretty accurate. **** hit the fan once Houston took Stroud. That was our guy and once he was gone, we did everything to move back and acquire more picks. We couldn’t find anyone and settled on Skoronski(nothing wrong with that as he’s a very good player).

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I think it’s pretty accurate. **** hit the fan once Houston took Stroud. That was our guy and once he was gone, we did everything to move back and acquire more picks. We couldn’t find anyone and settled on Skoronski(nothing wrong with that as he’s a very good player).

Think that's saying we were attempting to trade into the bottom to take another guy

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I like Washington more then Mayer.. I feel like I’m in the minority lol.

I had them as pretty equal, but preferred Washington as a fit for us.  Now, with rumors of medical issues, I don't know.

29 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

TE isn't a HUGE need with Chig man. JUST HAVE TO USE HIM and not have him blocking and chipping every play cause the line cant hold up so Im fine with passing on TE tho I love Washington frfr. 

WR needs to be the pick and yes Im bummed Zay is gone but guys like Ty Scott and Tank dell also Hyatt no matter what his 40 was he FLYS on the field so really interested today. Love the 1st pick. I think he will be a great player for us for years to come this isnt a wilson type. Dude grinds hard and Im excited to watch him grow and become the cornerstone of our Oline 

It's hard to say how big a need TE is, because we don't know how often Kelly wants to run two TE sets.  But if they aren't gonna run a lot of two TE sets, then the pick almost has to be a receiver.  I think a lot of us are assuming the receiving corps can benefit the most from adding a player at both receiving groups, and giving us a great TE group to bolster a weak WR group.  But if they aren't planning on that, then the weak WR corps becomes even more of an issue.

I'd like to see both targeted, but we'll see.  It'd be hard to ignore the value of Mayer at 41.

6 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Especially because he talked most often between the comparison between Levis and 

1471276690.0.jpg

People just don't like Levis and his personality to me. 

Also I don't know why, but the impression is Richardson's size is more naturally jacked and Levis is more manufactured (body builderish)

I really don't want them to force a QB. If they believe in a QB, then believe in them and don't screw around with the season of back and forth. 

If it's Hooker, then that feels like a redshirt year for him, while Tannehill plays out the deal and we going for a Hurts like move. 
Levis, would be more questionable. 
But there are 2nd round QBs that end up being decent to good. But I was really hoping to avoid that level of QB play with this next guy under center after Tannehill. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I really don't want them to force a QB. If they believe in a QB, then believe in them and don't screw around with the season of back and forth. 

If it's Hooker, then that feels like a redshirt year for him, while Tannehill plays out the deal and we going for a Hurts like move. 
Levis, would be more questionable. 
But there are 2nd round QBs that end up being decent to good. But I was really hoping to avoid that level of QB play with this next guy under center after Tannehill. 

Also looking at who was picked in the first I wonder if we were just tying to get back in there for one of those guys, opposed to drafting a QB?

Zay Flowers, Nolan Smith, Banks or Kincaid?

Wonder what we will do at 41 (assuming we stay there)

I know last night I said F it, draft Levis…but it’s really hard to get excited about him or hooker. Both just seem like qb purgatory, and we’ve been in that for several years with RT. levis and hooker will be another minimum 3 years of qb purgatory. Esp in a division now with Lawrence, Stroud and AR

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also looking at who was picked in the first I wonder if we were just tying to get back in there for one of those guys, opposed to drafting a QB?

Zay Flowers, Nolan Smith, Banks or Kincaid?

Yeah.  Even if the source is legit, lots of good players are there now and were there at the end of the draft.

If, heaven forbid, they're after CB, Joey Porter or Brian Branch could have been the target.  Or one of the receivers, or TEs, or Edges, or Bresee.

That's my mantra, but it's gonna be a long four hours before this team either gives me some relief or does the ultimate Guys-Daniel-really-doesn't-want-us-to-draft Draft.