Draft Day 2

MdTitansFan56

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Today I'd love to add Mingo. I think they like him. 
I could see them going for Tyler Scott though. 

I’d love Scott just cuz he adds something our offense has lacked for years.. Speed!! I’d be happy with anybody with speed honestly lol. Mims is somebody I think is flying under the radar.

• Like 1

my thing with mingo is he timed fast but it doesn't show up on his tape at all. he's yet another big receiver who can't separate, and we've got plenty of those. if we want a bigger WR, i like the guy from stanford- he's got really good quickness and route running for his size and can actually get open. but i'd also like to see us go after a burner/downfield threat like tyler scott, marvin mims, or the kid from michigan state whose name i'm blanking on

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

my thing with mingo is he timed fast but it doesn't show up on his tape at all. he's yet another big receiver who can't separate, and we've got plenty of those. if we want a bigger WR, i like the guy from stanford- he's got really good quickness and route running for his size and can actually get open. but i'd also like to see us go after a burner/downfield threat like tyler scott, marvin mims, or the kid from michigan state whose name i'm blanking on

Mims and Mingo feel like safe picks if that is what Ran is about this draft. 

I feel like you know what you gonna get with Mingo and Mims has been that dude since he stepped on campus ( similar to Skronkski.) I think I can also add Downs on that.  

I love Wilson from Stanford. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Mims and Mingo feel like safe picks if that is what Ran is about this draft. 

I feel like you know what you gonna get with Mingo and Mims has been that dude since he stepped on campus ( similar to Skronkski.) I think I can also add Downs on that.  

I love Wilson from Stanford. 

i forgot downs was still available. he's a beast, would love to add him, but he's *real* small and probably slot-only. of the smaller guys, i think mims has the best shot at being a legit outside receiver.

15 minutes ago, 615finest said:

We’re goin to end up with Trey Lance today aren’t we

I'm fine with it if they believe in him. 

But I doubt they will. 

They don't seem desperate to move away from Tannehill unless they were getting a top prospect. 

17 minutes ago, 615finest said:

We’re goin to end up with Trey Lance today aren’t we

Please keep away any injury riddled QB please.

I don't know if I'd call Mingo safe.  He's a guy who's never been a 1000 yard receiver, but is really athletic.  If anything, he's more of a gamble than a lot of the other guys available.

Mims is more of the safe guy.  Or Tillman.  Or AT Perry.  Downs too, except for the size issue.  Hyatt's a gamble, but he'd be a great complement, and I think he at least has a place on offense.  I really think he's a Will Fuller clone, which would be fine in the second.

Lance Zierlein Day 2 mock had us getting Mayer in the 2nd and Tyler Scott in the 3rd. That’d be a dream for me.

I think Keion White is an under the radar option in the 2nd. He’s a big, versatile, athletic DL that fits the mold we look for in our DL. He was a top 30 visit and I could see them viewing him as the Autry replacement down the line.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Lance Zierlein Day 2 mock had us getting Mayer in the 2nd and Tyler Scott in the 3rd. That’d be a dream for me.

I think Keion White is an under the radar option in the 2nd. He’s a big, versatile, athletic DL that fits the mold we look for in our DL. He was a top 30 visit and I could see them viewing him as the Autry replacement down the line.

If we left Day 2 with a TE and a WR, I'd be very happy.  But our receiver group is quite possibly the worst in the NFL, so I wish that position would be the priority.

As for defense, I think interior DL may be a bigger than Edge.  Key, Landry, and Weaver are a solid three Edge rotation, and with Gifford on a two year, they must believe he can at least be worth the occasional rotation in.  We usually just keep four Edges.

I like Washington more then Mayer.. I feel like I’m in the minority lol.

I really don’t see us goin TE.. I could see us goin DL/CB before TE. Chig and Wesco will be TE1 and 2. Wesco is already a better blocker than Swaim. Im sure we will see improvement in Chigs blocking.

Cam smith will prolly be the pick at 41 if he’s there 

TE isn't a HUGE need with Chig man. JUST HAVE TO USE HIM and not have him blocking and chipping every play cause the line cant hold up so Im fine with passing on TE tho I love Washington frfr. 

WR needs to be the pick and yes Im bummed Zay is gone but guys like Ty Scott and Tank dell also Hyatt no matter what his 40 was he FLYS on the field so really interested today. Love the 1st pick. I think he will be a great player for us for years to come this isnt a wilson type. Dude grinds hard and Im excited to watch him grow and become the cornerstone of our Oline