4.116 - Colby Wooden [DL; Auburn]

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I was joking about that with the LVN pick but it’s now an interesting trend. The scene is Gute, MLF and all of the other pencilneck geeks sitting at the cafeteria excitedly talking about the draft. Coach Bisaccia, the real GB coach, comes walking in in a sleeveless T, smoking a cig after his morning lift and slams his short list of guys on the table and then goes back to his office while everyone else just quietly murmurs. 

• Like 3

We're stocking up on guys that can supply an inside pass rush....now if Gary can come back and supply the outside, this could be something else.  But we still need to find a way to stop the run....so I'm still waiting for one more run stopper later.

Get ready for Jammin Robinson at safety with the next pick.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

leads SEC in inside pressure, really high RAS, apparently high work ethic and character

yeah, I'm ok with this pick 100%

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/colby-wooden-4c9b72ec-43a7-43cb-85e1-9850f2a07de2/

has him as a 2nd round prospect as well. Very interesting...

Yeah, I won't pretend I had this guy on my radar, but he checks a lot of the right boxes for what I'd want.

• Like 1

Colby Wooden. Sounds like every wood carver in Wisconsin will love him!

Seriously, sounds like he plays defense on his toes, not his heels. We need more of this mentality on defense. I was hoping for a D-lineman and we got one! Probably slipped a little because he's a bit light, but weight can be added. The quickness is intriguing.