🔥 Pick #170 is in: Christopher Smith II, S, Georgia

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

yeah but linebacker still needs to be filled. Like I feel like I'd say every year that the two positions are the easiest to fill and then they don't get filled. 

I 100% agree. Pretty much every FO we’ve had over the past ages have not valued the position

This is looking like one hell of a find. Of course we all wish he ran a 4.44 but if he did he would have gone a couple rounds higher. I know the staff loves Pola-Mao, we have Moerig (Who has been a big disappointment) and signed Epps to a solid contract, but I think it's going to be hard keeping Smith off the field. 

He plays an aggressive yet controlled game which I respect the hell out of.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is looking like one hell of a find. Of course we all wish he ran a 4.44 but if he did he would have gone a couple rounds higher. I know the staff loves Pola-Mao, we have Moerig (Who has been a big disappointment) and signed Epps to a solid contract, but I think it's going to be hard keeping Smith off the field. 

He plays an aggressive yet controlled game which I respect the hell out of.

Yea now I actually like where the safety group is

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I won hundred percent agree with this. As a matter of fact, if he had around 4.5 he would've probably been in the same conversation as the Alabama safety. 

Just looking through my notes and I had him as a 3rd rounder prior to his 40 at the Combine so I'm really happy with this, you're absolutely right that his numbers definitely hurt him but he does play faster on tape and his recognition skills and IQ help that. I had him and Brandon Joseph right together and they both fell I think for the same reason. Liking this pick more and more............ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Just looking through my notes and I had him as a 3rd rounder prior to his 40 at the Combine so I'm really happy with this, you're absolutely right that his numbers definitely hurt him but he does play faster on tape and his recognition skills and IQ help that. I had him and Brandon Joseph right together and they both fell I think for the same reason. Liking this pick more and more............ 

Yup. Great 5th rd pick for sure.

On 4/30/2023 at 11:32 AM, Darbsk said:

This cracks me up.  Not trying to talk smack or anything just imagined a guy at a desk reviewing game film at 2am jotting down notes.  

I'm all over here watching 3 minute YouTube highlights trying to hype myself up for each pick.  

Random question, am I the only person that judges a player by the length of their highlight videos?  Like if you're so good, why do you only have 2 minutes of highlights instead of 15?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jerry said:

This cracks me up.  Not trying to talk smack or anything just imagined a guy at a desk reviewing game film at 2am jotting down notes.  

I'm all over here watching 3 minute YouTube highlights trying to hype myself up for each pick.  

Random question, am I the only person that judges a player by the length of their highlight videos?  Like if you're so good, why do you only have 2 minutes of highlights instead of 15?

I wouldn’t say I judge someone by the length of their highlights… but you ain’t wrong…. Lol.  When I see a highlight tape that’s 2-3 mins I immediately question why it’s not longer and think maybe he isn’t good… but i don’t leave that as my only evaluation obviously.

On another note…. You ever notice some highlights videos heavily stack the INTs, sacks, etc at very beginning of the video… and then the quality of the play dies off by the end?  A CB could have 3 career Ints in his freshman season and only 1 more INT in his senior year for the rest of his career and they’ll be the first 4 plays?  

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Not really. I mean AOC has a 25 minute highlight video I just looked up. I hope your theory is right with him cause that would make him a tier above Brady since his was only 13 minutes lol.  But really I've seen some edits that are really bad, replaying the same play from all different angles, taking up 2 minutes of a highlight video. While others I've seen that are cut and edited to where each play is about 8 seconds and then cut to a new one. Highlight tapes make everyone look like a superstar anyways.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jerry said:

Haha, yeh it is a little sad 😄

As I’m not a regular fan of college football and don’t support a specific team I find it difficult to track all the different players so I keep a notebook after watching each prospect. Just so I can recall what type of player, strengths and weaknesses and things. 

I usually start by watching a few highlights but if it’s a guy I really like I’ll watch as much as time and family 🙂 allow. I don’t think anybody here is an expert and I’m certainly not, but I like to for my own sake watch a few games too.

I get a lot from other peoples opinions on here too, really everyone has something I can learn from in here! 

• Like 1