2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

That's a really strange quote considering the lack of premium position stars worthy of top 4-5 selections right now..... Like, I'm not very high on Davenport, but I think this draft is pretty weak in general for the "slam dunk" or "elite" level talent you typically see at the top of the first round...  Frankly, if I thought ANYONE of this draft (especially an EDGE guy) was a "top 4 or 5 pick" in another draft class, I'd have to have them as a top 2-3 pick in this (arguably weak, imo) class.  I'm not even all that thrilled by Chubb despite having him as the best Edge guy and a top 5 Lock this year...  What this draft does have, imo is like 30-50 people who could justifiably be picked in the 15-32 range talent wise, and a whole bunch of guys who are probably going to be at least decent starters/players through the second, and even into the third rounds.... Better than average depth, but completely lacking on superstar power.

Hes talking about the qbs pushing everybody down the board.

12 hours ago, G08 said:

The Floyd one was pretty bad, I thought @TankWilliamswas going to slit his wrists lol

I was very upset.  He's certainly flashed more than I had ever thought, and I hope he continues to progress and can stay on the field.  I am going to prepare to be surprised for the pick, and I'm going to try being open minded to anyone to save myself the stress.  lol.

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I was very upset.  He's certainly flashed more than I had ever thought, and I hope he continues to progress and can stay on the field.  I am going to prepare to be surprised for the pick, and I'm going to try being open minded to anyone to save myself the stress.  lol.

Ugh. We're growing up, aren't we lol

18 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I feel like it will def not be a player any of us expect like the Kyle Long situation. I was so embarrassed when we picked Kyle with my buddy who is a huge Saint's fan. Well I was totally wrong about that. 

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

That's a really strange quote considering the lack of premium position stars worthy of top 4-5 selections right now..... Like, I'm not very high on Davenport, but I think this draft is pretty weak in general for the "slam dunk" or "elite" level talent you typically see at the top of the first round...  Frankly, if I thought ANYONE of this draft (especially an EDGE guy) was a "top 4 or 5 pick" in another draft class, I'd have to have them as a top 2-3 pick in this (arguably weak, imo) class.  I'm not even all that thrilled by Chubb despite having him as the best Edge guy and a top 5 Lock this year...  What this draft does have, imo is like 30-50 people who could justifiably be picked in the 15-32 range talent wise, and a whole bunch of guys who are probably going to be at least decent starters/players through the second, and even into the third rounds.... Better than average depth, but completely lacking on superstar power.

Someone posted here a couple of days ago a big post with big charts of some 'pass rusher' analysis of physical traits, etc. with how the draftee turned out in the NFL and I think even Chubb was the 4th or 5th guy compared to the numbers of prior drafts. It was like prior draft to NFL outcomes were A,A,B+,B versus this draft's at B,C,C,C-

If the numbers are even in the ball park then if Pace wants to go defense this first round than Roquan or a DB is about the only option if he wants high 'analysis numbers' in the pick.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Ugh. We're growing up, aren't we lol

I think it is 2 things,

1. Having a team bad enough that a ton of spots need help

2. Accepting that we do not know enough to really make an informed decision other than a major reach or something like that

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

For like a month or longer we basically knew Carimi was the pick. I did this for him. It doesn't work for me haha. 

43 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

For like a month or longer we basically knew Carimi was the pick. I did this for him. It doesn't work for me haha. 

Remember that period where J’Marcus Webb was so hated that tons of people wanted Carimi to play left tackle? #OldTakes 

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If they take Edmunds, you can bet he'll be Edwards in no time.

Yup, Truman Edwards 

or 

Kevin Nelsons

Roman Smith

Mike Fitz Patrick

Mike McLeggey

Imagine if the Bears wound up with Leighton Vander Esch. What a disaster.