blkwdw13

38 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'd be happy with these first 5 picks:

8. Marcus Davenport, EDGE

39. Billy Price, OC

101. Josey Jewell, ILB

111. Kemoko Turay, OLB

136. Brandon Parker, OT

I’d be psyched with that. Holy hell. Turay is a MONSTER, and Jewell is just a solid player. (FWIW 3 of the first 4 picks is how I have my mock draft right nowO.o)

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I’d be psyched with that. Holy hell. Turay is a MONSTER, and Jewell is just a solid player. (FWIW 3 of the first 4 picks is how I have my mock draft right nowO.o)

Great minds!

36 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Shea McClellin part 2

The college they attended is the same so that comp is too easy. Unlike McClellin, LVE plays a lot faster and nastier + he won’t be converted to a foreign position. Regardless it’s WAY too high for him. At 23 with a trade down with the Pats? Fine, but not at 8.

31 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Glad to see some of you guys are finally coming around to Davenport. Ryan Pace kinda guy nut in a nutshell with the highest upside of any EDGE in this class. A tier above Landry

I feel the exact opposite about Davenport..... A dude who can't bend the edge at a position where we need edge bend is inherently useless, and on his best year, was only matching Landry's worst year statistically. I want nothing to do with him, or any other prospect who doesn't know what the hell they're doing, personally. I'm sick of those players and the high bust rate they entail. We already have Kevin White who sucks at his job.... Floyd is honestly a bust for his draft position too. Can't keep wasting picks on athletes who don't know how to do the thing they're being drafted for.

Landry had high level athleticism and knows how to do his job already.... Nelson honestly was a bit of a let down at the combine but he knows how to do his job already... and Ward is an elite level athlete who knows how to do his job.... Why waste time on a players who don't know how to do what they're being drafted for?

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

I feel the exact opposite about Davenport..... A dude who can't bend the edge at a position where we need edge bend is inherently useless, and on his best year, was only matching Landry's worst year statistically. I want nothing to do with him, or any other prospect who doesn't know what the hell they're doing, personally. I'm sick of those players and the high bust rate they entail. We already have Kevin White who sucks at his job.... Floyd is honestly a bust for his draft position too. Can't keep wasting picks on athletes who don't know how to do the thing they're being drafted for.

Landry had high level athleticism and knows how to do his job already.... Nelson honestly was a bit of a let down at the combine but he knows how to do his job already... and Ward is an elite level athlete who knows how to do his job.... Why waste time on a players who don't know how to do what they're being drafted for?

What told you that the boxscore?

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

Landry is a one trick pony who is horrendous in run support... Go check out how few times he played all 3 downs. PP constantly took him out on obvious run plays. Once college OT’s watched even a sliver of tape on him realized this, combined with a bend and rip only move as a rusher and look what happened to his stats?  Injuries, sure, but that’s not the whole story as much as some would like it to be. 

I’m not even gunna get into a debate or argument with you on Leonard Floyd if you truly think he’s a ‘bust’, I mean, that’s just silly man.

29 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Landry is a one trick pony who is horrendous in run support... Go check out how few times he played all 3 downs. PP constantly took him out on obvious run plays. Once college OT’s watched even a sliver of tape on him realized this, combined with a bend and rip only move as a rusher and look what happened to his stats?  Injuries, sure, but that’s not the whole story as much as some would like it to be. 

I’m not even gunna get into a debate or argument with you on Leonard Floyd if you truly think he’s a ‘bust’, I mean, that’s just silly man.

Calling Floyd a bust is probably the stupidest thing I've heard this off season from someone who claims to be a Bears fan.

The guy is averaging more than half a sack per game in his young career.  If you want to make an argument that Floyd has not been able to avoid the injury bug so far then sure, but to say he's a flat out bust and does not know what he is doing is laughable. 

He impacts the game and what opposing offense are doing each and every game he's active.

As for Harold Landry I think he ends up going to the Lions at #20.  Makes too much sense for them with Pasqualoni being hired there and them having a  need at that position.  

Edited by topwop1

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

He can bend the edge, though. Is it elite like Landry's ability to bend? No. But for a dude his size, it's more than good enough.

Davenport can beat you with power, with his length, with speed, and something I really value is he has some notches on his belt closing out games with big-time sacks. The only worry I have about him is his personality, dude is kind of a weird-o. Introspective and insecure, which is fine, but how are you going to thrive in a man's league like that? The painting and poetry doesn't bother me that much, but you know players will be talking **** to him and that will be brought up. Now you're going to be insecure on top of that? Bad look.