> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

hope so, them all going (and/or a lot of the OTs) place a pretty good player in our laps at #22

Next year's QB Class really looks bleak, 

Unless Quinn Ewers takes another serious leap, I don't have anyone graded as a top 5 pick right now. The only other guys on the first round radar right now are Shedeur Sanders and Carson Beck out of Georgia. Sanders to me feels like a guy who's gonna put up numbers in college with the system he's in, but I feel like he won't translate to the NFL well. Beck I'm suspicious about his success being the talent around him, he doesn't really wow me in any way. Oh and there is Jalen Milroe who started the season at Alabama looking pretty horrendous, but improved as the season went on. But still, he'd be very raw and would likely be looking at sitting for a year if not two when drafted.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If we take a CB in the first at or around 22, I'd be ecstatic with any of Mitchell, DeJean, Arnold, Wiggins or McKinstry.

I am beginning to see that as less of a possibility.
Slay, Bradberry, Ringo, Ricks, Rodgers, Maddox, MacPhearson, Jobe and even Garner (who I think winds up at FS) round out a pretty large investment in human capital.

The draft seems pretty deep at CB and OL and I could see a CB being taken.
However, outside of Mitchell and possibly DeJean (as a safety) I think the Eagles will give some of the younger players a chance to step up.
Remember, they're developmental guys not blue-chippers and expected to improve.
It is highly unlikely that they are all flops.

Also, as bad a Bradberry was, so was a lot of the defense.
The whole crew was lost at times.
It wouldn't surprise me if he plays better in a real defensive scheme.
I think back to Seattle when he was left 1 on 1 with the Seahawks' fastest receiver while a safety stood dumbfounded in no man's land guarding against a first down rather than helping over the top to protect against a TD.
It took a damn near perfect pass from a back up to score.
This is not to say he stays.
His contract is prohibitive and there's no guarantee he bounces back.

All of that being said, I think the priority is going to be on the offensive line.
Jackson Powers-Johnson may or may not be available depending on draft pick movement.
There will also be guys who could come in at guard and transition to RT in the future.
The more I see the more I am becoming intrigued by Amarius Mims.
I think he's a sleeper at 22 or even a little lower if the Eagles trade back a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

All of that being said, I think the priority is going to be on the offensive line.
Jackson Powers-Johnson may or may not be available depending on draft pick movement.
There will also be guys who could come in at guard and transition to RT in the future.
The more I see the more I am becoming intrigued by Amarius Mims.
I think he's a sleeper at 22 or even a little lower if the Eagles trade back a few.

I agree with everything you said up until this point. Taking a backup offensive lineman when you have as many holes as the Eagles (ED, LB, CB, S, WR) taking someone like Mims or Guyton seems wasteful. The reality is this team needs an impact player in R1 this year - can't take someone with the mindset they're going to sit for a few years in R1 when there's glaring needs elsewhere. 

15 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If we take a CB in the first at or around 22, I'd be ecstatic with any of Mitchell, DeJean, Arnold, Wiggins or McKinstry.

Don’t leave out Rakestraw. I think he is in that bucket. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Don’t leave out Rakestraw. I think he is in that bucket. 

What about TJ Tampa? A lot of ppl like him too. Edit- I see DJ has us taking Rakestraw at 22 so that tells me something. Over DeJean and McKinstry would be tough though.

Edited by EagleBlueDon
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What about TJ Tampa? A lot of ppl like him too. Edit- I see DJ has us taking Rakestraw at 22 so that tells me something. Over DeJean and McKinstry would be tough though.

I like TJ Tampa a lot in the 2nd if he is there 

5 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I agree with everything you said up until this point. Taking a backup offensive lineman when you have as many holes as the Eagles (ED, LB, CB, S, WR) taking someone like Mims or Guyton seems wasteful. The reality is this team needs an impact player in R1 this year - can't take someone with the mindset they're going to sit for a few years in R1 when there's glaring needs elsewhere. 

I am not talking about any back up o-lineman.

There may be a dozen or so in this draft who could start.

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

I am not talking about any back up o-lineman.

There may be a dozen or so in this draft who could start.

Where does Amarius Mims fit in? Because it’s certainly not at guard and neither of our tackles are going anywhere. 

7 hours ago, Scalamania said:

If Kelce retires and JPJ is BPA I am fine with the pick. Same with another guard that they view as a day one starter. If Kelce stays(I seriously doubt that will happen at this point, but we will see) I agree. It's also why I don't want to go Edge early this year. Assuming Reddick is here drafting an Edge who will be at max third on the depth chart feels a bit wasteful.

At the end of the day I am a BPA fan so just get a good player and figure it out from there. OL/WR/CB seem like the safest bets where we are picking.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Where does Amarius Mims fit in? Because it’s certainly not at guard and neither of our tackles are going anywhere. 

Watch his film.
He has the agility to pull, I mean really good footwork.
He can drive block, too.
He may be a bit tall, but there are other 6'7" guards.
He is also familiar with the right side of the line.
Now, he may not start from day one, but sometime this season.
Then you only have to back-fill for RG when he moves to RT.
Basically, you kill two birds with one pick.

I’d pretty much be happy with WR, S, CB, LB, OLB, RB, TE and G

in the first 2 rounds. All of those positions work. We need DBs for obvious reasons. We desperately need big athletes at LB. But I also think WR and TE are sneaky needs as they impact the game and we can use a talented 3 or #2 TE

also in the 2nd I think a RB is a sneaky move. Howies done it before. It’s the perfect way to not have to resign swift. I just wouldn’t be surprised by a 2nd round RB. 

I’d be interested in Troy Fauntanu. He could play RG right away and could possible be a take over at RT in the future candidate. 

The wild card is I have no idea how this team views Tyler Steen

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Last Stand said:

I’d pretty much be happy with WR, S, CB, LB, OLB, RB, TE and G

in the first 2 rounds. All of those positions work. We need DBs for obvious reasons. We desperately need big athletes at LB. But I also think WR and TE are sneaky needs as they impact the game and we can use a talented 3 or #2 TE

also in the 2nd I think a RB is a sneaky move. Howies done it before. It’s the perfect way to not have to resign swift. I just wouldn’t be surprised by a 2nd round RB. 

There are no RB’s that really get me excited as a 2nd round pick

• Like 1