2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

52 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nothing he did justified it, but NFL people are now saying he's in the conversation with the top 3 QBs? 

Isn't it more about teams being QB needy right now, as opposed to him being considered a "top" talent? 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

It's lame, but exactly what several GMs state in their evaluation of QBs at the combine?

And to that point, the reason the top 3 guys skipped doing it because they want the comfort of their guys at a pro day. 

If McCarthy is missing balls to Roman Wilson at Michigans pro day, then get back to us with the same assessment.

Boxes he needed to check - Size, arm strength, athleticism - he checked them all. 

As one GM stated.... you're evaluating what the player can do at the next level, not what they've done.

They skipped b/c there is minimal gain to be had from participating. Not b/c they're scared to throw to WRs from different teams lol. McCarthy should've played better then he could've skipped but instead, he was very average when Stalions left and here we are.... showing precisely the exact same problems he shows on the field as the data suggests.

JaMarcus Russel has size, arm strength, and decent enough athleticism for his size. Worked out well for us. 

30 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is the first times since being an NFL fan where I didn't watch a second of the combine.

Who stood out?

Braden Fiske, Quinyon Mitchell.  Joe Milton on the deep throws.  Accuracy was mid on intermediate throws.  Penix even though his medicals scare the bejeezus out of me.  

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

The Athletic is saying the Raiders have explored trading up to the 5-7 range.

Screams JJ to me

If you can get in front of the Giants you basically ensure yourself a chance at either Daniels or McCarthy. Assuming the Cardinals are enamored enough with MHJ that they're set on staying at #4. I just wonder what we'd have to pay to get the Chargers to pass on taking Nabers/Alt to help a division rival get their potential QBOTF.

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Braden Fiske, Quinyon Mitchell.  Joe Milton on the deep throws.  Accuracy was mid on intermediate throws.  Penix even though his medicals scare the bejeezus out of me.  

I read on Twitter people talking about how Joe Milton is this year's Anthony Richardson, and we can get him on day 3.  I don't know about all that.  Just wanted to share what I read and see what everyone here has to say.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If McCarthy is missing balls to Roman Wilson at Michigans pro day, then get back to us with the same assessment.

So being unfamiliar with the receivers he was throwing too wasn't an issue on all routes just the ones outside the numbers on the left side of the field and deep? Because those were issues he had at Michigan as well.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It's such a small sample size though, there are only 10 first round QB's in the last 30 years that didn't start a single game as rookies. Mahomes technically isn't on that list because he started the Chiefs final game but lets just say there's 11 if you include him. That list then includes: Rodgers, Mahomes, Love, Rivers, Palmer, Locker, Quinn, Campbell, Losman, Pennington, and Culpepper. 

For the most part the guys that were behind other high end QBs: Rodgers (Farve) / Mahomes (Smith) / Love (Rodgers) / Rivers (Brees) were / are the ones that are good players. 

Quinn and Losman 100% weren’t good but no amount of sitting would have changed that. Culpepper was a high level QB with small hands whose knee failed him. Pennington was decent but had one of the weakest arms in nfl history, plus got hindered by injuries. Locker was ascending and retired early, kinda hard to evaluate what he could have been. 

I do agree that those teams had great QB play ahead of them which kept them on the bench and that isn’t something the raiders will have. I think QBs that have high ceiling would benefit greatly from sitting a year and focusing on developing as a QB. 

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Arizona gave up #12/#34/#168 for #6/#81 last year

I’d take that deal. Odds are that if they trade up though it’s for Daniels who will most likely go top 3. I can’t see this team trading up for JJ and it would be pretty dumb to trade up for either Nix or Penix. 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I read on Twitter people talking about how Joe Milton is this year's Anthony Richardson, and we can get him on day 3.  I don't know about all that.  Just wanted to share what I read and see what everyone here has to say.

Milton throwing motion looked nice at the combine but put a defense in front of him and it’s a different story 

• Like 3

On 3/3/2024 at 3:41 PM, agarcia34 said:

Seems like the perfect time to get a OT and WR in this years draft. Depth at both is crazy 

I agree with this, lot of OL talent available. CJ Hanson had a good combine and so did Mason McCormick both guards likely late round picks that I like. Mahogany, Haynes, Beebe. I’d be happy trading down in the 2nd to get more mid round picks.