2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

21 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think it’s fairly early to judge if 2025 QB class is weak or not. 

There could be several QBs who improve and emerge next season like JJ , Nix and Daniels did this year.

Early on:

Ewers, Sanders, Weigman, Allar, Dart, Beck , DJ Uiagalelei , Leonard and Ward could all emerge next year

Honestly not a single name on there outside of maybe Ewers interests me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Tae is over 30 years old. Meyers is a patriots guy and can be gone in one season. It’s an all time great WR class. There’s been plenty of times I have been right when other people shot down my ideas. 

Worry about that next off-season then. We have way too many holes to be drafting a WR 3/4 in the first round

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Worry about that next off-season then. We have way too many holes to be drafting a WR 3/4 in the first round

Exactly. Mayer and Tucker should take steps forward in their development too.

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They traded Leonard Williams for a 2nd/5th and then traded a 2nd/5th for Brian Burns.

They're not committed to Daniel Jones after this season.

Useless information response?

they currently have a 1,2,3,4 and 6.  They have 5 draft picks. They have diminished draft capital. Trading up to prevent the teams below them looks highly unlikely. I'm unsure what you're responding too. 

They also have a 47 mil cap hit for Jones this year and while they can cut him next year and probably will, they'll owe 22 mil in cap hit next year.  It's an interesting and limiting position to be in, and one less team we have to worry about trading up against, if anything they have a greater chance to trade down no. 

again, are you just saying some for the sake of saying something? because I read that and shrugged my shoulders like, what the heck is your point? 

Just now, NickButera said:

Useless information response?

they currently have a 1,2,3,4 and 6.  They have 5 draft picks. They have diminished draft capital. Trading up to prevent the teams below them looks highly unlikely. I'm unsure what you're responding too. 

They also have a 47 mil cap hit for Jones this year and while they can cut him next year and probably will, they'll owe 22 mil in cap hit next year.  It's an interesting and limiting position to be in, and one less team we have to worry about trading up against, if anything they have a greater chance to trade down no. 

again, are you just saying some for the sake of saying something? because I read that and shrugged my shoulders like, what the heck is your point? 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10111659-nfl-draft-2024-rumors-raiders-giants-spoke-to-teams-about-trading-up-for-qb

The Las Vegas Raiders and New York Giants are reportedly exploring a trade up for a quarterback in the 2024 NFL draft.

Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated reported the teams were "asking around" throughout the NFL combine week.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/draft/giants-trading-up-for-quarterback-very-much-in-play-nfl-draft-analyst-says

NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes the Giants could very well be leaning toward trading up in the first round of this year's draft to get a quarterback.

I'm not sure how trading a 2nd for Burns really eliminates the possibility that they move up for a QB. I think trading up to #3 is still in the cards for them if they love Maye/Daniels.

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

You a clown and that remains consistent. Props 

You the biggest clown on the forum buddy, why don't you participate in the Telesco vs Raidernation draft in real time this year. Instead of always coming in using hindsight. 🤡

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

WR is his flavor of the week later he will claim he wanted someone else and was right.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Trading up for JJ with gardner minshew here seems like a very smart thing to do. He needs to sit and Minshew will allow him to do that while being competitive

Based on those combine reports of us sniffing around trading up with teams like TN, this feels like the plan to me.

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hondo really alluding to us still drafting someone on the DL, even after signing Wilkins. He did a sort of weird "wink wink nudge nudge" gesture, making me think DL will be very early...

Newton or Murphy? I love the edge class with Turner, Latu, and Verse/Chop but 13 may be a little rich. Never against passing to the front 7 but think I’d still prefer a CB/OT.  

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Honestly not a single name on there outside of maybe Ewers interests me.

Yeah, this will be one of those years where people will emerge as the season goes on. There's a lot of potential talent out there. Beck (especially him), Weigman, Sanders, Ward, Klubnik, and undoubtedly people we're not talking about much like Daniels this season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They traded Leonard Williams for a 2nd/5th and then traded a 2nd/5th for Brian Burns.

They're not committed to Daniel Jones after this season.

It's crazy not to get a 1st for McCaffery and now Burns, they need to fire their GM.