2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think this new regime is going to prioritize the OL a lot more. I wouldn't be shocked if we take a RT in round one, and another G in round 2-3. 

Coming away with 3 OL in the draft is what I expect.  

With the draft deep for OL, coming away with 2-3 OL would be a good move imo. WR is also deep. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I would hate that pick tbh. Don’t see anything special about Bowers. If we’re gonna take an offensive weapon might as well go for a Brian Thomas who is criminally slept on and not talked about enough 

Coming around to WR ;)

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think this new regime is going to prioritize the OL a lot more. I wouldn't be shocked if we take a RT in round one, and another G in round 2-3. 

I'd like Fauga at 13 and then grab Layden Robinson in 4th to man our RG spot. Munford stays at swing tackle.

We’re taking an OL within our 1st two picks. We need more talent on the OL and this draft has it.

The way OL have been getting paid in free agency shows that the rest of the NFL knows that there is a deficit of talented lineman

The amount of quarterbacks getting injured last season is evidence

Edited by bucksavage1

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

I'd like Fauga at 13 and then grab Layden Robinson in 4th to man our RG spot. Munford stays at swing tackle.

Not sexy, but I’d be down for it. FA has gotten out of control with OL contracts 

https://www.raidersbeat.com/radio-host-shares-wild-quarterback-scenario-hes-hearing-the-raiders-could-run-into-with-the-13th-pick/

Appearing this week on Raider Nation Radio’s Morning Tailgate, Yahoo Sports and Fox Sports Radio host Jason Fitz shared the latest buzz on the quarterback situation in the draft…

“I talked to three or four different guys that I think are plugged in with the draft trying to get a sense of the quarterbacks specifically and every single one of them told me that at this point… and to a man, every single answer I got was that there will be five [quarterbacks] gone before the Raiders can pick…

Bo Nix is going to go… I don’t know what people see in Bo. I don’t know why he would be a top 10 pick, [but] multiple people told me yesterday that Bo [will be] gone before the Raiders pick…

This is the hardest part because I think Raiders fans [are] all looking at it like ‘Well trade up and get Caleb [Williams]. Trade up and get Jayden [Daniels].’ These are all the conversations we are having, but realistically, the conversations I was having yesterday, you are going to have to trade up if you want Bo Nix. You are going to have to trade up if you want J.J. McCarthy...

Everybody [is] just trying, and trying, and trying [to find a quarterback] when you are competing against [Patrick Mahomes]. Now you’ve got four or five teams that are going to be trying to trade up for a Bo Nix. At some point you’ve got to look at it as an organization and say ‘If we are not in love with the guy, do you really want to risk the future of the organization for the fifth-best quarterback [in the draft]?

I feel like every week we talk it becomes even tougher. Are you in a situation organizationally where you just say ‘Hey, we’re going to wait and see what happens and maybe [Michael] Penix is available in the second round.’? I just don’t know.”

Edited by Jeremy408

I know QB is such a dire need, but if the right guy isn’t available, we should just take BPA whether it’s a CB or OT. It would put a ton of pressure on the regime to land a QB next year though.

I just find it hard to justify taking Nix or Pennix so early. If they do, they better be right.

• Like 2

If the Raiders can’t get the QB they want they should take an OT in the first and try to get Penix in the first via trade. But if not I’d rather they try to get draft capital for next year and try to get their guy then. 

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If they had listen to me last year and traded down we would have Christian Gonzalez #1CB, Tuli in the 2nd opposite Max and with the signing of Wilkins we would already be set on defense. Then I'd for sure be going all OL and QB in this draft.