2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Something I've been thinking about.  Which "first round" prospect(s) is/are going to tumble this year?  There always seems to be 1-2 guys that drop out of the first round due to some type of concerns (medical/character/combine performance).  Who are those guys this year?  

Is Caleb Williams going to fall (to the 2nd or 3rd pick)?  Is JJ McCarthy being overhyped/oversold as a top 10 pick?  Will Penix fall to the 3rd/4th round due to medical concerns?  Will M. Harrison Jr. fall in the draft due to opting out of the combine/pro day?  

I'm wondering what everyone's take is on who may drop and whether or not we should keep our eyes on them.  If there's a day 2/3 prospect that you're interested in and want to mention, please do.

53 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Something I've been thinking about.  Which "first round" prospect(s) is/are going to tumble this year?  There always seems to be 1-2 guys that drop out of the first round due to some type of concerns (medical/character/combine performance).  Who are those guys this year?  

Is Caleb Williams going to fall (to the 2nd or 3rd pick)?  Is JJ McCarthy being overhyped/oversold as a top 10 pick?  Will Penix fall to the 3rd/4th round due to medical concerns?  Will M. Harrison Jr. fall in the draft due to opting out of the combine/pro day?  

I'm wondering what everyone's take is on who may drop and whether or not we should keep our eyes on them.  If there's a day 2/3 prospect that you're interested in and want to mention, please do.

I think Bowers is a top-tier TE but that position is not the most vital for most teams. I have seen mocks with him going as high as #5 and I wonder if he dips into the teens. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I get the vibes that the Byron Murphy is in play at #13. 

That would absolutely push our DL into potentially the absolutely best in the league.  

I do wonder why J. Newton is being overlooked here?  Any internet scouts have any insight? 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I hope so. I took JJ at number 2 betting line at +1000 before they changed it to +450

More importantly it means Maye or Daniels will reach #4

For me I would trade up at three for Daniels simply because Pierre's already knows the guy and from what I understand gets he was hired based on the idea that he would have an offense ready for a player like Daniels. As much as I like Maye I wouldn't trade what its going to cost for him.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

DT is always a great position to invest in. However, this is a very deep DT class and personally with Wilkins, Jenkins and Butler already, I do think it makes more sense to look at the wealth of CB talent at 13, or one of the standout OL personally. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

DL would be ridiculous, but that would be a pretty crazy pick considering the resources they already put into the DL

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I read that his Pro Day turned a lot of coaches off because he was joking and playing around instead of being serious.

The dude just screams narcissist. Good or bad attention, it doesn't matter, it seems he seeks it. That spells trouble on any team that's not a consistent winner.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Jerry said:

Daniels and Thomas. I could see Daniels falling out of the top 3, which is a drop (not far, obvi). He's older, and skinny. I am not surprised JJ over Daniels talk has begun. 

Thomas, is just a guess in that I think people are collectively deciding that he is the clear #4, and I don't think that's the case. I think there are clear arguments for why teams might prefer Franklin/Adonai/Worthy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jerry said:

Penix is one I can see falling due to age and injury concerns. I told my bro I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to 3rd. 

Harrison Jr. won't fall out the top 5. I am interested to see where Nabers gets drafted in comparison. Clear 1A/1B with the two of them.

Edgerrin Cooper I think could drop. Reportedly didn't interview too well at combine/bowl games. So could easily drop him to the 3rd depending on how bad he turned off teams. 

17 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm seeing rumors he is going be a Day2 now. He was my favorite QB sleeper. He has good size, 4 year starter, accurate, throws on anticipation , can scramble , good arm.... am I missing something? I know he went to a small school, look at that film against USC and Caleb. Went toe to toe