2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

In what world would you select Dallas Turner at #13? He will most definitely be gone but in the very slim chance he is on the board, do you dare pull the trigger already having Maxx, Tyree and Koonce?

Wouldn't hate it if he's the BPA at that point. Tyree goes inside and let Koonce have his contract year to see what he does. Let him walk in FA for a comp pick. 

I personally don't see the rush with Koonce. He needs to improve his run support. He had a nice little burst to finish the year, but I'm not extending him off that. Let's see it translate to a new season. I don't think there is a rush to resign the guy until he shows it consistently. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The world I would do it is this one:

We move Tyree to DT alongside Wilkins and hope he continues to progress, resign Koonce before he's expensive, and we trade Maxx and Adams for a fortune to start a rebuild in earnest a'la what Houston did over the last couple of years with Watt, Hopkins, etc. 

Turner and Koonce as building blocks on D wouldn't be a bad way to start a rebuild with a ton of picks and complimentary players acquired via Crosby and Adams trades. 

Moving Maxx would be difficult as he is still in his prime and Koonce needs to show me more but if someone dangled close to three 1's for Maxx I would strongly consider it...

Adams should be traded and I have said this for months.  It makes no sense keeping a 31 year old WR on a team that is not a contender and needs to get younger across the board. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Texans are probably legit SB contenders one year after most picked them to be the worst team in the league all because they found their QB.

Man i wish we could be aggressive and find ours. If NE is even considering trading out of 3, do whatever it takes to get there. 

• Like 2

Dang, Diggs just traded for a 2025 2nd rounder.

I think any thoughts/hopes of an Adams trade is dead. Not going to get anything close to what we’ve been bantering about. 

52 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I think any thoughts/hopes of an Adams trade is dead. Not going to get anything close to what we’ve been bantering about. 

Vikings killed that trade sheesh 

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

Meh, Adams might still fetch a bit more. 

Diggs is good, but he's been sort of  a malcontent and I have to wonder if this wasn't more a move by Buffalo to just clean up the house a bit amd get rid of a distraction before his value or productivity or both got dinged. 

Adams is probably about as good a locker room guy as you can find, along with the physical talent and consistency. 

I don't see a world we actually let him go regardless, but I can see his market being better than Diggs'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

Adams >>> Diggs.

Diggs was a becoming another enormous distraction too, which DA is the furthest thing from. However age is against Adams, so it would be interesting seeing what we fetch. I think we definitely get a 1st at minimum. 

If there is a way to trade down and get a top OT prospect like Fuaga or Latham, i'd be happy with it. CB is deep enough that we can get one in the 3rd/4th. As long as we get a top OL/CB or trade down if we plan to take a QB, I'll be happy.

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If there is a way to trade down and get a top OT prospect like Fuaga or Latham, i'd be happy with it. CB is deep enough that we can get one in the 3rd/4th. As long as we get a top OL/CB or trade down if we plan to take a QB, I'll be happy.

I personally feel like the higher end talent taps out on CB in round 2. 

A bit Deja Vu. We all liked CB last year, it was said to be a deep class, took one in the 4th and he didn't pan out as a rookie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I personally feel like the higher end talent taps out on CB in round 2. 

A bit Deja Vu. We all liked CB last year, it was said to be a deep class, took one in the 4th and he didn't pan out as a rookie.

Perhaps. There are a few guys I like in round 3 onward like Max Melton but let's see who'll be there.

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Meh, Adams might still fetch a bit more. 

Diggs is good, but he's been sort of  a malcontent and I have to wonder if this wasn't more a move by Buffalo to just clean up the house a bit amd get rid of a distraction before his value or productivity or both got dinged. 

Adams is probably about as good a locker room guy as you can find, along with the physical talent and consistency. 

I don't see a world we actually let him go regardless, but I can see his market being better than Diggs'. 

It’s basically a throwing league now in College and NFL every year 10 good WRs come out of the draft.  Sooner or later teams are going to start undervalued them.