2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

45 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Zamir has been such a disappointment. Pure JAG territory.

I think JJ is gone (I hope we don't pay big $ to an RB off a down season) so I hope we address it in rounds 2-4. I want an RB with some speed!

Yeah if we draft an RB, it needs to be a shifty speed guy imho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Zamir has been such a disappointment. Pure JAG territory.

I think JJ is gone (I hope we don't pay big $ to an RB off a down season) so I hope we address it in rounds 2-4. I want an RB with some speed!

Zues has speed. I agree, he's been a disappointment. But, like with everything else, how much of that was JMD? 

Fresh start for everyone now. 

On 11/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, big_palooka said:

Zues has speed. I agree, he's been a disappointment. But, like with everything else, how much of that was JMD? 

Fresh start for everyone now. 

Are people saying he's disappointing because of production (or his lack of)? 

He hasn't had many chances and this year none of our RBs look good.

When he’s gotten a chance, I thought he looked pretty fast and had potential. 

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm pissed we passed on Chiefs Pacheco to draft Britain Brown. Should have skipped on drafting Zeus and Brown and landed Pacheco 

Classic example of drafting for the patriot way instead of drafting for traits at the RB position.  brown was never ever going to be a decent contributor to an nfl backfield.  At best he’d be the Brandon bolden type of RB that never gets Carries but plays ST.  While Pacheco was very high on the Height / Weight / Speed matrix and a high upside 7th round pick.

It’s kind of funny to look back and realize they were born selected one after the other with brown going 1st.

I would like to add that I think Pacheco is kind of overrated by some.  He’s been a 800yd back in an amazing passing offense with very good iOL that opens up holes for him.  He’s a rotational piece in a 1-2 punch Backfield, IMO, and not a guy like Jacobs that can successfully command the vast majority of snaps / get the vast majority of production.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Classic example of drafting for the patriot way instead of drafting for traits at the RB position.  brown was never ever going to be a decent contributor to an nfl backfield.  At best he’d be the Brandon bolden type of RB that never gets Carries but plays ST.  While Pacheco was very high on the Height / Weight / Speed matrix and a high upside 7th round pick.

It’s kind of funny to look back and realize they were born selected one after the other with brown going 1st.

I would like to add that I think Pacheco is kind of overrated by some.  He’s been a 800yd back in an amazing passing offense with very good iOL that opens up holes for him.  He’s a rotational piece in a 1-2 punch Backfield, IMO, and not a guy like Jacobs that can successfully command the vast majority of snaps / get the vast majority of production.

Speaking of that matrix (and cause we're in the draft thread): 

I hope we can land Raheim Sanders in the draft. I like his combo of height weight and Speed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

true about Pacheco. However, Pacheco would have been a great RB2 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Warning hs football is over so im scouting college football lol

penix reminds me of Goff 

I think the QB has lived up to the hype 

1st tier 

• Caleb- having another great year. Top 2 Lock
  • Drake Maye - Justin Herbert 2.0 , maybe better. Could emerge as the first pick 
  • JJ McCarthy- dual threat who has been ballin. I think he is a 1st round lock now. He has his team in the national title hunt. Having a Heisman type of run 
  • Sheuder Sanders- I think he comes back for his senior year. He's a 1st rounder after a good showing. Money isn't an issue, I think he goes back to play one last season with his dad. He could boost his stock to #1 pick in 2025 
  • Jayden Daniels- he reminds me of a Lamar Jackson light. Dual threat who has shined in the SEC. Elite running ability and good size. I think he can be a first with good workouts and interviews 

2nd Tier

• Michael Pennix- he's been a Heisman front runner, and as his team in the title mix. A classic pocket passer who looks the part. Kinda reminds me of Tua type of prospect. I think he goes in the 2nd round just because of his injury history and his age. 
  • Bo Nix- been having a heisman type of run too. I think he falls into day 2 just because he plays in a whacky offense and his age. I think his combine and workouts are going be key to see if teams view him as a starter type. I think he can be
  • Quinn Ewers- season ending injury. He might declare because the Manning brother might take the starting spot at Texas. Would be a steal in the 2nd. Classic pocket passer. Might have been a top 10 without his injury 
  • Michael Pratt- this dude is a baller. Being overlooked because he plays for Tulane. Has the size, can make all the reads and throws. I think he's going emerge as a 1st rounder 
  • Cam Ward- he is a dual threat who is a sleeper to me. Not sure if he declares or not. 
  • Spencer Rattler- not sure where his stock is at. His college career has been up and down but he can make all the throws 
  • Jordan Travis- not sure why he isn't talked about more. He has been balling, and his team is a machine this year. 
Edited by Humble_Beast

I was 1000% pure tank mode with the idea of JMD/Ziegler likely sticking around this season and maybe even more.  However things sure change quickly with this regime change. 

Are people still hoping for a complete bottom out and finishing top 2? Or are they just wanting to see progression from the team, landing a few more wins and picking borderline top 10?

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I was 1000% pure tank mode with the idea of JMD/Ziegler likely sticking around this season and maybe even more.  However things sure change quickly with this regime change. 

Are people still hoping for a complete bottom out and finishing top 2? Or are they just wanting to see progression from the team, landing a few more wins and picking borderline top 10?

Worst case try for Jer'Zhan Newton in round 1 and get Ewers/Nix or another athletic high upside qb in round 2. A lot of the 2nd round qb's would normally be 1st round guys and the board will push them down.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll take borderline top 10, and I'd try and trade back. 

O'Connell played very well last night. He balled, really. Now, I don't think that makes him "the guy,", but I do think he's a solid representation of our floor as an offense. 

Absolutely zero offense to him, but the list of QBs with higher ceilings than he has that are coming out this year is extensive. If that's how our offense looks with a backup, a stud of any degree should do alright. 

Now, I've said before I personally want nothing to do with Caleb Williams. That's my assessment. But I wouldn't hate on anyone still wanting to get a top pick and go for him or Maye. That being said, there's plenty of upside with the next like 5-6 QBs expected to be on the board after those two.  QB is a need, for sure, but I don't necessarily buy into the need to tank for us to get good QB play. Not with this class. 

Two weeks ago, I say tank hard and fast  because Josh McDaniels would have needed Tom 2.0 to look even half decent. Divested of him and his nonsense, we can see that the makings of something are still there. A 10/10 QB would be nice, I'll be the first to say it. But I think a 7 or 8/10 QB picked from the second tier of this class would be perfectly fine.

In that case, win now as much as possible and try to shift the culture in the right direction. I don't care who we pick, no 1 player is single handedly pulling us from the gutter. That's going to take 53. Good cultures help young players along. Give me that rather than hopes and prayers for a savior. Desperate teams ruin great prospects. 

I think a team with momentum going into 2024 with a Nix or McCarthy or Penix has much better upside than a tanked out team limping into 2024 with Williams or Maye. 

• Like 3

On 11/5/2023 at 8:46 AM, Humble_Beast said:

JJ McCarthy- dual threat who has been ballin. I think he is a 1st round lock now. He has his team in the national title hunt. Having a Heisman type of run.

I do not understand the McCarthy hype. From what I've seen, he has an average to below-average NFL arm and only okay athleticism. He reminds me of Daniel Jones.

• Like 1