2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

21 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Yeah, PFF has him ranked 22nd LOL.

Brugler mocked him 21st if I'm right. It's not just PFF. Jeremiah has him 35th in his big board prior to the senior bowl.

Edited by VonKarman

46 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Brugler mocked him 21st if I'm right. It's not just PFF. Jeremiah has him 35th in his big board prior to the senior bowl.

And there might end up being a team that loves him and takes him in round 1.  I'm just not as high on him as these draftniks all of a sudden are, and I don't think he fits our scheme at all.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

His on field tape doesn't look like he'd be a good guard either, at least in our system. He's not great in space. I don't think he's meant for us. 

That's why we can't do 4th and 1.  JPJ Will play at a high level for a decade.

We won't draft him though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

That's why we can't do 4th and 1.  JPJ Will play at a high level for a decade.

We won't draft him though.

We'll see. We've seen better IOL prospects flounder. He's great in a phone booth but lost in space. You can't be lost in space in today's game. We're not playing for 4th and 1 either. I don't know why we're advocating for an IOL early when we develop OL like we do. Take Christian Mahogany on day 2 and get waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better value than JPJ at 25. Thank me later.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We'll see. We've seen better IOL prospects flounder. He's great in a phone booth but lost in space. You can't be lost in space in today's game. We're not playing for 4th and 1 either. I don't know why we're advocating for an IOL early when we develop OL like we do. Take Christian Mahogany on day 2 and get waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better value than JPJ at 25. Thank me later.

YES! to Christian Mahogany.

39 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I don't see a reason to use 1st or 2nd day draft capital on the offensive line, to be honest. It was the best unit on the team. Add competition and depth in the later rounds, but spend picks in the first three rounds where it's needed. 

Should we still draft Jayden Daniels?

7 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

I don't see a reason to use 1st or 2nd day draft capital on the offensive line, to be honest. It was the best unit on the team. Add competition and depth in the later rounds, but spend picks in the first three rounds where it's needed. 

Perceived needs can change very quickly. Couple of years ago Packers were thought to be set at cornerback for the foreseeable future. And Packers might have beaten 49ers if they had better depth at OT when Zack Tom went out. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's a carbon copy of JPJ except an actual guard lol and comes at half the cost.

I thought he moved a little better in the film I watched.  He's a freaking bulldozer though.  He comes off the ball with really bad intentions.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all these guys test athletically since that will give us a better idea of who GB might be targeting.

I have just started looking at RB highlights.  As I am watching Trey Benson, I notice Keon Coleman blocking his *** off on multiple occasions.  I must say, I dig it.  I doubt we are in the market for a WR as early as Coleman is projected to go, but it caught my eye nonetheless.